BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks - exciting times as I just sent in my notarized purchase order and copy of my passport to BMW ED! 1 month exactly until my flight to Munich!

Just to reiterate a couple of anomalies for people's awareness:
1. OC list of your order options - mine was missing a couple of important ones (which ones AREN'T important, right?), namely the active cruise control and the rear window shade / side shades. Contacted my CA and he confirmed that my order had all my options included, in fact he complained that the BMW OC site often has omissions from what is really on buyer's orders... not good - why can't BMW fix that?

2. My Purchase Order list of options also omitted 3 (but different ones) - omitted was the Sport PKG, SAT w/shift paddles and SAT radio. In process of confirming with CA that this is likewise an error / anomaly on part of BMW system or printout.

If anyone else is around Munich Sep 1st - Sep 3rd, send me a PM and maybe we'll catch up while there. My wife and I are staying at Courtyard by Marriott (downtown city centre) and pickup on the 4th & start our driving vacation. We've shortened the legs a bit so we can spend a couple of nights in each location to better enjoy ourselves - but still heading to Milan (hotel ideas anyone?) , then French Riviera(hotel ideas?), then to Bayeaux France for 2 days of D-Day beaches, tours, museums. Finish it off w/2 days in Paris!

Good luck to all, what a great program ED is!

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
Hey folks - exciting times as I just sent in my notarized purchase order and copy of my passport to BMW ED! 1 month exactly until my flight to Munich!

Just to reiterate a couple of anomalies for people's awareness:
1. OC list of your order options - mine was missing a couple of important ones (which ones AREN'T important, right?), namely the active cruise control and the rear window shade / side shades. Contacted my CA and he confirmed that my order had all my options included, in fact he complained that the BMW OC site often has omissions from what is really on buyer's orders... not good - why can't BMW fix that?

2. My Purchase Order list of options also omitted 3 (but different ones) - omitted was the Sport PKG, SAT w/shift paddles and SAT radio. In process of confirming with CA that this is likewise an error / anomaly on part of BMW system or printout.

If anyone else is around Munich Sep 1st - Sep 3rd, send me a PM and maybe we'll catch up while there. My wife and I are staying at Courtyard by Marriott (downtown city centre) and pickup on the 4th & start our driving vacation. We've shortened the legs a bit so we can spend a couple of nights in each location to better enjoy ourselves - but still heading to Milan (hotel ideas anyone?) , then French Riviera(hotel ideas?), then to Bayeaux France for 2 days of D-Day beaches, tours, museums. Finish it off w/2 days in Paris!

Good luck to all, what a great program ED is!
Definitely don't worry about omissions on OC website (although, yes, they should fix).

Definitely do worry about omissions on PO. If there's any dispute about what options you actually receive and that they differ from what you wanted, BMW will pull out the signed PO and show you. I would insist on a revised PO or confirmation in writing that those options aren't listed for some reason.

·
Love the 'Fest
731 Posts
+1000. If your PO is wrong, your CA needs to make sure it gets updated and gives you a copy!!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Check your order on the OC in a week or two....mine have always started out as something else (the model is always correct) and then adjusted to being correct and complete when they've gotten closer to production.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Definitely don't worry about omissions on OC website (although, yes, they should fix).

Definitely do worry about omissions on PO. If there's any dispute about what options you actually receive and that they differ from what you wanted, BMW will pull out the signed PO and show you. I would insist on a revised PO or confirmation in writing that those options aren't listed for some reason.
Call them - and they will confirm all your options.
My car was shown as 325 - one call - and car was changed to 330 and all option show up correct.
Edit - not to the same subject, but... remember reading on this board then some one get MT instead of AT and they find out only in Munich when they pick up car.

·
Vendor
7,262 Posts
Here let me chime in here.

1994_RX-7_Tour got so the most loaded 550i that he filled up all three columns on the options list and there wasn't room for the other three options to be listed.

Here's what's listed on the PO:

Model/Code: 550i Sedan Exterior
Color/Code:
Carbon Black Metallic Interior
Color/Code:
Beige Nasca Leather
Options: iPod and USB adapter Active Cruise Control Anthracite headliner
Cold Weather Package Comfort Access system Fold down rear seats
Front ventilated seats Head-up Display Heated rear seats
HD radio Navigation system Night Vision
Premium hi-fi system Rear side-impact airbags Rear sunshades

Here's his car on my availabilityreport (I've deleted the name, chassis, and production number for privacy reasons):

0853 416 U6BA 0 A A 170 PRODUCED N... 9/04/2007 Deliv...
550i ZCW ZSP 2TB 261 322 453 465 496 5DF 6FL 609 610 611 653 655 677 775

So for those of you in the "worry" camp, don't fret. If you order everything on the menu but two options, there just might not be enough room on the PO. :yikes: That's why I emailed 1994_RX-7_Tour the vehicle inquiry just to be sure he signed off on the order before it went into production.

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
That's why I emailed 1994_RX-7_Tour the vehicle inquiry just to be sure he signed off on the order before it went into production.
Jeez, if he'd said you were handling the order, then everyone would have told him to calm down, no worries!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts