BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Complete random question from someone that has just acquired a Z3.

Is there some trick place that I can find the owners manual stored in the car ? I know it comes in a black pouch ) see pictures online) however it looks like it would take up all the glove box - is it stored in a little cubby somewhere or behind a seat etc where I have missed it ?

2000 Z3 - Australian delivered.

·
BMW CCA 1405
1997 BMW Z3 1.9
5,180 Posts
In addition to the several manuals taking up the space in the glove compartment, their weight contributes to the deformation of the supporting box and causes a "smile" gap and looseness in the lid. I keep my heavy zipper case full of manuals in the storage compartment that extends across the top of the rear console behind the seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the heads up. I am afraid I don't have the storage bin between the seats, there is a fixed top panel and a speaker mounted in the panel between the seats in my car.

I've noticed the net in the passenger foot well and thought it was a bit of an odd bit of storage, it has limited use and is not particularly convenient or aesthetically pleasing when items are stored in there, however a black manual pouch makes sense and it would blend wit the existing trim and not clash like CD cases and other multi-coloured bits.

So ... you have answered my question.... the manual is gone walk-about and is not lurking in the car waiting for me to buy a replacement and then jump out !!! :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I found a .pdf of a 2000 Z3 owners manual, but for LHD, part # 01 41 0 155 149 - it's just over 2mb. If that would be of any use, email me and I'll send it as the reply. ... manuals going on a walk-about... what's this world coming to?? ;-)

·
BMW CCA 1405
1997 BMW Z3 1.9
5,180 Posts
... I've noticed the net in the passenger foot well and thought it was a bit of an odd bit of storage, it has limited use and is not particularly convenient or aesthetically pleasing when items are stored in there, however a black manual pouch makes sense and it would blend wit the existing trim and not clash like CD cases and other multi-coloured bits...
Sounds like your car has a subwoofer where mine has a storage area.
I bought the accessory footwell net, but it seems more suited to short term holding of thin lightweight maps, rather than storage of a thick heavy case of manuals. I don't think the manual case would fit well, and might stretch the net and make it sag.

·
Registered
428 Posts
if you store in the "boot" as i did, suggest putting it in waterproof bag. the "boot" often leaks as mine did, and ruins the manual {as mine did}.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Facelift cars don't suffer from the trunk lid 3rd brakelight issue. The way water enters the trunk is after a poor top install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts