BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Space Gray 335i xDrive six speed manual and am loving this car. My dealer game me the 3 series owners manual, a quick reference book + the shrink wrapped warranty books. Perhaps I am mistaken but I think I may be missing a fourth book which covers the audio/phone system and technology? I do not have NAV/iDrive but want to learn how to use Voice Command and also to streams mp3's from my Droid over the Bluetooth. Should I awing by the dealer tomorrow?

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got your same car, and in addtion to the main owner's manual there were two other small booklets, one on the radio (in my case it is the H/K system) and one on the phone/voice stuff.

I had also thought I was missing these (as they are referred to in the main manual) until I discovered them (outside of the leather case) in the glove compartment.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You guys are so observant. I briefly looked to see what was in the pseudo leather binder. I certainly got the three booklets you mentioned but I'll have to check the rest to see if I got anything else. I guess I'm the typical "I'll figure this out on my own" kind of guy. Eventually I'll bug my sales guy to explain certain things to me like the NAV and voice system again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, will check the glove box. I think I saw something in there. BTW, the car is awesome. I actually got 30.5mpg on the highway to work this morning. And she's fast!

Sent from my DROID PRO using Bimmer App

·
Registered
165 Posts
Got my Space Gray 335i xDrive six speed manual and am loving this car. My dealer game me the 3 series owners manual, a quick reference book + the shrink wrapped warranty books. Perhaps I am mistaken but I think I may be missing a fourth book which covers the audio/phone system and technology? I do not have NAV/iDrive but want to learn how to use Voice Command and also to streams mp3's from my Droid over the Bluetooth. Should I awing by the dealer tomorrow?

Thanks!
Congrats on the car by the way! Got to love BMW's new car smell. I'm sure it's way funner than the SS you got rid of. What color interior is it again?

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
I actually got 30.5mpg on the highway to work this morning. And she's fast!
She might be fast, but you are slow. 30.5 mpg? How fast were you going? 55? In 70 mph zone? Did everybody gesticulate and pull their hair?

See ... that's why we get reputation of being pricks. You gotta drive FAST, man.

j/k :)

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,684 Posts
She might be fast, but you are slow. 30.5 mpg? How fast were you going? 55? In 70 mph zone? Did everybody gesticulate and pull their hair?

See ... that's why we get reputation of being pricks. You gotta drive FAST, man.

j/k :)
:rofl: It'll easily return 28mpg cruising at 80mph (or, *cough*, so I heard). 'Course, if you have any fun getting up to speed or any traffic appears, things are different....

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
:rofl: It'll easily return 28mpg cruising at 80mph (or, *cough*, so I heard). 'Course, if you have any fun getting up to speed or any traffic appears, things are different....
Yeah, I know, I was just kidding. Once this winter I tried to see what is the fuel economy on Interstate only with no traffic - just going same speed all along. I filled up on Interstate exit and did 70 miles to my exit. I was doing 75 (real, GPS) in 70 and 70 mph in 65 with cruise engaged and with going up and down the hills ... ended with 32 mpg. I will hardly ever see it again, but for that time it was nice.

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,684 Posts
I will hardly ever see it again, but for that time it was nice.
I know what you mean...my long term average is hovering around 21 so I was pleasantly surprised to see what it could do on a long stretch on cruise control. I try to be more economical but secondary roads and the exhaust note conspire against me. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interior is the Black Dakota Leather. Found the Radio/Phone manuals in the glove box. Just started to organize and install my 'stuff' in the new car trunk and glove box. I was getting 30+ MPG running at 80MPH. It's very easy to go fast in the 335i. I can see that the speed limiter will be a problem for me soon when she breaks in :thumbup:

Hey, a few newbie Q's:

1. Can the personal settings be programed to sound the horn on unlocking the doors with the fob?

2. Is the lower base of the rear view mirror supposed to flash RED to indicate that the alarm is armed?

Thanks guys!

-Chuck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts