BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking at ordering a 2011 X6. We've seen the standard Black Nevada leather and the Ivory Nappa Leather of the Hybrid.

Wondering two things:
1. Is Oyster Nevada leather close to the Ivory Nappa in color?

2. Does anyone know if you can special order the Ivory Nappa Leather in a non-hybrid model (35 or 50)?

·
Go Phillies!
638 Posts
I've had the oyster since September and it's beautiful--not a speck of dirt. Easy to maintain. You also get what you put into it--I have a place that handwashed my car once a week.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had an '03 E53 with sand beige nevada leather for for 7yrs. My son was about 2.5yo when I bought it. I thought the leather wore quite well even with a small child walking on it and all. The worst part of the leather was the leading edge of the drivers seat where it gets rubbed when you get in. The top finish of the leather had worn off. That would have been true of any of the Nevada leathers though.

I cleaned the leather (wiped it down really well) about every six months and also spot cleaned when it just looked dirty.

The absolute nastiest parts of the car though were the backs of the front seats and the carpet bump at the center of the back seat that wasn't covered by the rubber floor mats. No matter what I did I couldn't get the backs of those seats completely clean and that carpet was just embarrassing.

My new interior (9 months now) is oyster with black black black everywhere a 10yo boy's foot will touch. It is absolutely pristine and I love it He's been tought to 'respect the leather' for quite a while now though.

I won't hesitate to get oyster again. I will never again get an interior color that doesn't have black carpets; or at least super dark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.