Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 335i Xdrive with 73,8xx miles is having a little trouble going into limp mode periodically. The car is reading a P00BD (mass or volume air flow "A" circuit/range per formance too high). Also a P325f (control module monitoring safety function fuel volume error). The P325f represents DME, internal fault: Plausibility monitoring of the
relative fuel mass. It suggests rail pressure sensor, dme or wiring harness being defective. To me, this could be thrown by any vacuum leak to mess up air to fuel readings as well as just the MAF needing cleaned/replaced (this is wishful thinking ***x1f602;***x1f923;). Possible faulty charge pipe? Car is stock and never tuned to my knowledge. Any suggestions or experience is appreciated! I'd be tinkering but the frigid temps have kept my hands off for a few days.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
How old is the battery? Using a volt meter check the voltage at the underhood jumper located under the red plastic cover. Check and report back the voltages at idle and at 2000rpm. Why? Low temperatures impact the battery.

What tool are you using to scan the DME and the EGS (transmission computer)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to check the battery later. I actually stopped at and Autozone to pull the codes. Innova 3100 is what the reader showed in the pics that I took

1 - 4 of 4 Posts