BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Restoration Enthusiast
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 06 330xi, it had a plethora of DTC's. Multiple cylinder misfire, mass airflow sensor, cyl. 4 misfire, cylinder 5 misfire... I decided to replace the plugs and the mass airflow sensor. I cleared the codes and drove the car and it drove amazing. The next time I started the engine, the service engine soon light came back on. Engine rand great still, no difference. When I got back home I scanned the car again and a single code, P0102 came up. Mass or volume air flow A circuit low. I did a little research and checked the connection at the mass airflow sensor, cleaned the new mass airflow sensor, replaced the air filter, cleaned out the air box, the inlet piping, and the throttle body. I cleared the code and again the engine ran great. I shut the engine off and restarted it and the check engine light illuminated once again. Same code, P0102. Looking for advice to get this code sorted out and to have no lights illuminated on my dash.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Aftermarket MAF sensors are known to not work with these cars. If you used an aftermarket sensor, that may still be the issue.

Otherwise, I would check continuity from the MAF sensor harness back to the DME.

·
Restoration Enthusiast
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an oem sensor. I'll check the wiring.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Screw that code. If it is running good ignore it (if you can) or take it to the dealer. I had a used 2002 with many codes after eliminating them all the A/C blower motor went. Can you dig it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently fixed this issue DIY for a BMW X5 2011 35D. Check engine light on with the P0102 code.

Steps taken to fix the issue:
Step 1. Changed the engine air filter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006EGQ8ZU) with no success. The filter was overdue anyways.
Step 2. Replaced bosch maf sensor with new bosch oem sensor (https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Original-Equipment-0280218067-Sensor/dp/B00BHL3GE8)
Step 3: Drove for about 50 miles and the check engine light went away after a few starts.

DIY was very easy. Youtube helped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts