Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
30FF <3
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, it was 20.f outside, :cry:

started the car as normal, let it warm up for about 60 seconds, and pull straight off, (they say this is what you're supposed to do, I beg to differ).

3 Mintues down the road, I get a engine mualfunction on idrive, so basically I was in limp mode all the way to work, good thing it was only 15 min away.

Pulled the codes and I got p1062, erased it with my ODB reader and it came right back immediately... Stuck carly in and resetted everything, and that took away the code, i let the car sit to get a little cold again, and took it for a drive, error hasn't come back yet, but shes fine for now...

does anybody know why this happened? never happened to me before, but this is the first I ever drove off with the car being that cold and it being that cold outside without the car warming up first.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
This morning, it was 20.f outside, :cry:

started the car as normal, let it warm up for about 60 seconds, and pull straight off, (they say this is what you're supposed to do, I beg to differ).

3 Mintues down the road, I get a engine mualfunction on idrive, so basically I was in limp mode all the way to work, good thing it was only 15 min away.

Pulled the codes and I got p1062, erased it with my ODB reader and it came right back immediately... Stuck carly in and resetted everything, and that took away the code, i let the car sit to get a little cold again, and took it for a drive, error hasn't come back yet, but shes fine for now...

does anybody know why this happened? never happened to me before, but this is the first I ever drove off with the car being that cold and it being that cold outside without the car warming up first.
Firs of all sorry to hear that. I suspect freezing temperature oil content. I never leave (warm or cold) without letting the engine settle to 500 RPMs. That way I know that the oil has been redistributed properly to all internals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
30FF <3
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Firs of all sorry to hear that. I suspect freezing temperature oil content. I never leave (warm or cold) without letting the engine settle to 500 RPMs. That way I know that the oil has been redistributed properly to all internals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Bimmerfest mobile app
yea I usually let the temperature lines get to about 5500k rpms before I pull off, but I was afraid I was going to be late for work :rofl:.

tomorrow it supposed to be cold again, so ill try to let it warm up see what happens. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts