BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up guys, I've had the ses light on for a couple weeks but the car ran great so I didn't think anything of it. I had it scanned today at oreilys and its the p1519 code. Cps on bank A is the reading. I just recently did my upper timing gaskets and i removed my vanos solenoid, the inside of it that fills with oil felt pretty loose compared to the other solenoid. Bank A is the drivers side correct? Because that was the solenoid that that felt loose. Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
No one? I've been researching the code and it seems like no one really has a good idea of what it is. Either cps, vanos solenoid or vanos unit, timing could be off. Weird if you ask me, my car runs fine though, starts right up and the upper rpms feels good as well. I just don't wanna start throwing parts at it if i don't know what exactly is wrong with it. EDIT: I just took it for a drive and it starts great and idles perfect. No hiccops while idleing or accelerating, but I did notice when I was cruising at about 60mph it would jerk a little, kinda felt like a big gust of wind in the front of the car. It did it about every 10 sec or so, if you didnt know it was doing it you'd probably never tell but since after all the work I just did to it I'm really examining it closely when I drive it just to be sure of no overheating issues or warning lights. I'm leaning toward the vanos solenoids since the stutter only happens in the upper rpms, above 2000 anyway.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read this has something to do with timing. I don't know how the timing could be off, one day it was fine and while driving the ses light came on. I've narrowed it down to either the cps the vanos solenoid or the timing. Has anyone had a similar code?

·
Registered
421 Posts
P1519 code may your Oil Level Sensor

I had this P1519 code for 2 months now, after changing the CPS and Vanos cilinder swith. and still having the CEL on i removed the oil level sensor and check the wires they where all shreded into pieces. I have order a new OEM part, should get it by Wed. hopefully the CEL will stay off.
if you do more re-search you will see this code deals with oil temp or something to that effect. will post result as soon as posible

·
Registered
2015 F80 M3, 2011 E70 X5, 05 MCS R53
747 Posts
No one? I've been researching the code and it seems like no one really has a good idea of what it is. Either cps, vanos solenoid or vanos unit, timing could be off. Weird if you ask me, my car runs fine though, starts right up and the upper rpms feels good as well. I just don't wanna start throwing parts at it if i don't know what exactly is wrong with it. EDIT: I just took it for a drive and it starts great and idles perfect. No hiccops while idleing or accelerating, but I did notice when I was cruising at about 60mph it would jerk a little, kinda felt like a big gust of wind in the front of the car. It did it about every 10 sec or so, if you didnt know it was doing it you'd probably never tell but since after all the work I just did to it I'm really examining it closely when I drive it just to be sure of no overheating issues or warning lights. I'm leaning toward the vanos solenoids since the stutter only happens in the upper rpms, above 2000 anyway.
Have the same code, and jerking on the freeway only, I already replace Vanos seal, and cps.

·
Registered
2015 F80 M3, 2011 E70 X5, 05 MCS R53
747 Posts
I had this P1519 code for 2 months now, after changing the CPS and Vanos cilinder swith. and still having the CEL on i removed the oil level sensor and check the wires they where all shreded into pieces. I have order a new OEM part, should get it by Wed. hopefully the CEL will stay off.
if you do more re-search you will see this code deals with oil temp or something to that effect. will post result as soon as posible
Any updates, I check my oil temp sensor, and the plug is also bad. I also notice a lot of oil in that area, can't really tell were is leaking from.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I changed the oil temp sensor, and cleared the P1519 obd2 code CEL light was off until the 2nd restart... now i need to pull out the intake manifold to check for a short in the wire harness.. I have found two other shorts so far 1. on the oil temp sensor all wire disinigrated under the ruber boot. 2.the same on the CSP hopefuly the solution to this P1519 code is a short in the wire harness under the intake manifold.
Has anyone had any luck clearing this code other then retiming the vanos or changing the vanos seal.?

·
Registered
15,902 Posts
Bank 1 is the passenger side, and "A" refers to the intake cam. "VANOS faulty reference value intake." "Maximum VANOS adjustment angle, checked at every engine start must be within a specified limit." These two are quotes from here: http://www.kneb.net/bmw/E46/E46 Trouble codes.pdf

Looks like you need to go back and review the work you did. Something may have slipped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.