BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Coyote Racing Team
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright - gonna detail the car this weekend but I have a couple questions:

Before I even start the polishing/waxing steps, I plan on washing the car with dishwashing liquid (strip any remaining wax), re-wash with the car soap (remove residue typically left behind by dish soap), and then approach the polish/wax section.

I have the P21S detail kit (car wash, paint prep, wax and wheel cleaner, etc.). I also have some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. Previously, I was using Malms Super-fine Polish accompanied by Malms carnauba wax. My question is (having not read the directions in the P21S box yet), will the P21S paint prep act in place of the polishing step or should I use the 3M hand glaze AND P21S prep and then wax?

Thanks.

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
The P21S paint cleaner is the polish/glaze step if you are not swirled badly. It will replace your 3M stuff. If you have bad swirls, do the Malms Fine hand polish, then P21S paint cleaner (Glaze that helps restores oils that the Polish may have stripped from your finish) then wax. Have fun!~

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
Ripsnort said:
The P21S paint cleaner is the polish/glaze step if you are not swirled badly. It will replace your 3M stuff. If you have bad swirls, do the Malms Fine hand polish, then P21S paint cleaner (Glaze that helps restores oils that the Polish may have stripped from your finish) then wax. Have fun!~
What he said. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.