BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About to clear airbag light that won't disappear after steering wheel replacement.
The PA scanner is too long to fit into my under the dash OBD2 socket area.
Anyone else had this problem? A work around? I assume dismantle under dash area.

Ta

Attachments

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
No, mine goes right in. Check to see both the dash and the port are tight and in the correct positions.

Jim

·
Nothing to read here...
2,694 Posts
Lol how is it too long? The door should swing out of the way and from the port to the port there should be like a foot+ of space.

+1 on MKJS's suggestion. Make sure the port is seated properly in the cutout. It should angle itself straight down.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OBD2 housing 2001 540iA

I know it seems bizarre. The 2001 540i OBD2 port is recessed in a cubby under driver door side dash. The scanner is about 4 inches and won't get past the cubby edge. See pic. I'll just dismantle. No biggy I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Mine sits at an angle that lets the PA plug right in. Something is wrong with the angle of the e-port.

Jim

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Be ready if you don't already know this, the PA Soft is a 32bit system, and depending on your computer skills, can offer a challenge getting it going. Running Win 10 seems to help.

Jim

·
Nothing to read here...
2,694 Posts
Oh wow now that different.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts