BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have good news and bad news.
The good news is that I have a confirmation number for my ED delivery e90 335i with premium, cold weather, sport package, step and navigation. The bad news is that my CA, who has great rep based on the forums, is saying that BMW rejected the paddle shifters compatibility with navigation. This doesnt make any sense, as I am sure that I have seen pictures of the e92 with Nav and paddle shifters and how can Nav impact the paddles shifters. This has been addressed with no real resolution on e90post, but does anybody have a definitive answer for US spec cars. Some seem to think that the paddle shifters are standard on the 335i with ZSP and step and the BMW marketing piece almosts reads that way. I have a short time frame to finalize my options and I would hate to miss out on this cool option that is only $100.

Does anyone else really know or have any emperical proof one way or another?:cry: :cry:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The confirmation was from the senior delivery coordinator,but I'm going to call the desk
in NJ to verify this.We're all unsure of why this conflicts with Nav of all things, but I hope to have a better answer for everyone by tomorrow night

·
Registered
930 Posts
drallafi said:
Get a stick. Problem solved!! :thumbup:
Yes that would solve the problem...:rolleyes:

For many & varied reasons, MT is just not possible for some of us.
For us, this is a significant issue.

·
Registered
205 Posts
IrvRobinson said:
The confirmation was from the senior delivery coordinator,but I'm going to call the desk
in NJ to verify this.We're all unsure of why this conflicts with Nav of all things, but I hope to have a better answer for everyone by tomorrow night
That would be great to get a concrete answer. When I ordered my e90 a few weeks ago my CA told me the same thing that the paddle shifters were not compatible with Nav. I posted on e90post but no one had a definitive answer. :(

Ed

·
Registered
205 Posts
Irv any news on this??

Ed

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
ok,so here's the latest update.. " from KB at bmwna There are no restrictions with Navigation in regards to the transmission.If you order the Sport package and Automatic, then you get paddles on the 335 i " This was in response to an email sent by the marketing manager for the Central region........

·
Registered
205 Posts
IrvRobinson said:
ok,so here's the latest update.. " from KB at bmwna There are no restrictions with Navigation in regards to the transmission.If you order the Sport package and Automatic, then you get paddles on the 335 i " This was in response to an email sent by the marketing manager for the Central region........
So what you are saying is that paddles are automatically added to all 335i (e90/e92) with Sport & STEP. Cool! Thanks for the info.

Ed

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
my pleasure,glad to give accurate information so we can cut down on the rumors.I entered two more ED orders today with Spt.AT and paddle shifters and the computer accepted everything...If your thinking about doing an October ED,finalize your date of pickup and contact me and I'll get it reserved for you,the slots are starting to fill up.....I offer special pricing all year around

·
Registered
341 Posts
Irv thanks for the info.
I live in New York..my dealer took off $1200 on the MSRP.
36month/12k $647.55/month
335i
NAV
STEP/paddle
Sport
BLuetooth
Cold Weather

Does this sound like a good deal or am I on par.?
Thank you again for the info I was hesitant to order my car, not knowing if NAV and paddles would work, but I went for it anyway as a Navigation is super important to me.

If i could not get paddles I would have to get a manual which would not bother me, but after 10 years driving stick in NYC I need a break

·
Registered
726 Posts
Canadian order guides indicates Nav and sport package with paddle shift is compatible. In fact, the only way to get the car here with sport package auto is with the paddle shift option.

And the price up here is also on $100 different than the regular 6 spd auto w/step, but in Canadian dollars ! :rofl: :p

·
Registered
341 Posts
As I am sure many of you have read the recent review of the 2007 335i on cnet
if not the link is below..I noticed something that set my mind 100% at ease, as I have an order in and production number for my car
335i
Space Gray Met.
Navigation
Steptronic w/paddles
Sport Pckg
Bluetooth
Cold Weather

I was concerned about the Nav and paddles being compatible...take a look at this pic from cnet..this car has it...And I am sure if they were not compatible they would not have built it:thumbup:

http://reviews.cnet.com/2007_BMW_335i/4505-10867_7-32027892-6.html?tag=nav

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Man that grey wood is sweet! I have to say, I can't stand the aluminum interior trim..the wood is so much nicer

·
Registered
264 Posts
if you dont get sport, and you do get auto, i take it you cannot get paddles?!
Sport really only adds seats and 18s in the coupes... sport suspension is standard, so really sport is not really a good idea to get if you like the regular seats and you are going to upgrade the wheels anyway...

·
Banned
973 Posts
You also forgot that the sport package removes the speed limiter from punny 130mph found on non sport package 335i cars.

if you dont get sport, and you do get auto, i take it you cannot get paddles?!
Sport really only adds seats and 18s in the coupes... sport suspension is standard, so really sport is not really a good idea to get if you like the regular seats and you are going to upgrade the wheels anyway...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.