BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for an '02 M Roadster and may be similar on a Coupe.

Each rear tail light has a buld holder that slip fits into the tail light housing on the extreme outside. It is not part of the tail light cluster's bulb holder but has a short wiring harness that goes from that bulb panel over to this bulb holder. It is about the same size as the bulb socket for the side markers below the gills but those are a twist fit.

The problem is that I need a pair of these and they don't come with the tail light as I just ordered a pair. My buddy in the BMW parts department can't find them on any fiche or on the shelf. A thought is that they might come with the rear bulb holder assembly but I wouldn't want to buy a $100 part to get a $5 part anyway.

Any ideas? There has got to be a part number for these!

TIA!

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
One of my taillight housings (2002 M roadster):

One of my bulb panels:

Cutouts in the body for the bulbs:

What part are you referring to?

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I assume you're talking about the little bulb holder for the side rear markers? I don't think that's available separately, and I think it came with the bulb panels (I can check, there's one in my basement that I ordered to steal the socket for the fog lamp bulb).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew one of you guys would come through, pictures and all! :thumbup:

It is the bulb holder marked "side" in the photo that doesn't appear in any parts diagram that most certainly comes with the whole bulb assembly. :mad:

Something tells me that I am going to purchasing some really expensive bulb holders! :bawling:

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Blacksport350 said:
I knew one of you guys would come through, pictures and all! :thumbup:

It is the bulb holder marked "side" in the photo that doesn't appear in any parts diagram that most certainly comes with the whole bulb assembly. :mad:

Something tells me that I am going to purchasing some really expensive bulb holders! :bawling:
In 2003, I paid $24.15 per side. And the panels came with all bulbs. So it's not that bad. Look at it this way... a quick fix to all the scuff marks from cargo in the trunk. :)

I bought the panels 63.21.8.389.861 and 63.21.8.389.862. At the time, Bell BMW wanted more than double for 63.21.2.695.119 and 63.21.2.695.120. Unless my memory is wrong, there's no difference other than 119 and 120 coming with white bulbs for turn indicators versus 861 and 862 coming with amber bulbs for turn indicators. A different color 21w 1156 bulb wasn't worth an extra $50 to me. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dwm said:
In 2003, I paid $24.15 per side. And the panels came with all bulbs. So it's not that bad. Look at it this way... a quick fix to all the scuff marks from cargo in the trunk. :)

I bought the panels 63.21.8.389.861 and 63.21.8.389.862. At the time, Bell BMW wanted more than double for 63.21.2.695.119 and 63.21.2.695.120. Unless my memory is wrong, there's no difference other than 119 and 120 coming with white bulbs for turn indicators versus 861 and 862 coming with amber bulbs for turn indicators. A different color 21w 1156 bulb wasn't worth an extra $50 to me. :)
Damn, looks like they have all more than doubled in price! I think it's time to hit the junk yards and find a Z3 to pilfer!

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Where are the Z3 junkyards?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mpire said:
Where are the Z3 junkyards?
Good question and one that I would like to know the answer to! :dunno:

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Oh wow, thats so close. I have been running around bithlow looking for parts. (local area with several junk yards)

I will have to check that place out this weekend.

Any parts requests?

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
They are indeed open until noon on saturdays...

But they have no Z3 parts, and havent had any for a while. Every once in a while they MIGHT buy a wrecked Z3 at auction, but its not likely.

Oh well, crash and burn!

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
They are authorized BMW parts recyclers. They get stuff all the time. However, it appears that all the parts they get are very recent models.

If anyone needs Z4 parts, this is the place to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts