BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clem

The flood gates are now officially open:yikes: First mod installed today.................ECIS CAI. Any ideas what to do next?

Thanks to Alex325i for the special package from Florida:D Took me a whole 10 minutes to install it and 20 minutes of testing it out before I made it back home:bigpimp:

First impression.............definately a better acceleration response:D A$$ dyno felt a slight increase mostly in faster RPM climb, but this could be my imagination:dunno:

The vacuum sound really kicks in around 3500rpm. At light throttle there is a slight squeling type sound, is this normal? Then there is just the normal engine sound up to the mentioned 3500 mark.

Here's a few before and after shots.................

this one is a little dark but you get the idea

and the infamous Nate pose:tsk:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
PM 325xiT said:
At light throttle there is a slight squeling type sound, is this normal? Then there is just the normal engine sound up to the mentioned 3500 mark.
Yes, normal.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Looks good Phil, but, time for some simple green under the hood. Or do you pick up too much dirt on those Amish farms:dunno: :dunno:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DougDogs said:
Looks good Phil, but, time for some simple green under the hood. Or do you pick up too much dirt on those Amish farms:dunno: :dunno:
That dirt was under the OEM box, not to worry I cleaned it up right after I took the close up pic:)

But you are right the farms are really tough with the dust:(

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Paging the Corruptor

nate328Ci said:

Yes, normal.
Thanks Nate:thumbup:

The ACS brace................hmmmmmm as soon as Clem gets back to me I guess:dunno: :p

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After a couple days of use I have update #2 - mpg on current tank down ~ 3:(

Fun level on current tank up ~ 47%:bigpimp: Ok Clem send on the next batch of goodies:yikes:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Everything sounds good Phil.

ECIS is operating in normal parameters. Glad you're happy with it.

Do you want the brace? You never confirmed or rejected. Let me know ASAP I have a couple of interested parties.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ack said:
Phil -

Looks good! :thumbup: Are you out of your warranty period, and if not, does the ECIS affect the warranty at all?
I think they will give you the "voids warranty" speech :dunno: But I plan on swapping out OEM and ECIS when I go in for new pedal and any warranty/maintenance work:)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Clem said:
Everything sounds good Phil.

ECIS is operating in normal parameters. Glad you're happy with it.

Do you want the brace? You never confirmed or rejected. Let me know ASAP I have a couple of interested parties.
Since you said it is mostly cosmetic, I think it would be wise for me to wait until UCC or someone else;) comes out with sways for the xi's:dunno:

Want do you think? Or of course for the right bargain price I might be tempted;) :bigpimp:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Since you said it is mostly cosmetic, I think it would be wise for me to wait until UCC or someone else;) comes out with sways for the xi's:dunno:

Want do you think? Or of course for the right bargain price I might be tempted;) :bigpimp:
Working on a deal for it right now but if it falls through I'll let you know.

IMHO wait for sways, strutbars are SLIGHTLY affective but more eyecandy.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Clem said:

Working on a deal for it right now but if it falls through I'll let you know.

IMHO wait for sways, strutbars are SLIGHTLY affective but more eyecandy.
Thanks for the straight advice Clem:thumbup:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Clem said:

Would I steer you wrong? :angel: :angel:
Uh :dunno:

j/k

I see there is quite a bit more activity over on the dark side:eek: I may be getting drawn in deeper than I thought:yikes:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Uh :dunno:

j/k

I see there is quite a bit more activity over on the dark side:eek: I may be getting drawn in deeper than I thought:yikes:
Follow me into the path of darkness.......................................... :)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Clem said:

Follow me into the path of darkness.......................................... :)
I may have to reload AIM at home so I can follow you directly:D

I went out for lunch today after I atre my bagged lunch, just wanted to continue listening to the "hiss" of the CAI and throw it through a couple of curves:bigpimp:

I'm hooked:eeps:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

I may have to reload AIM at home so I can follow you directly:D

I went out for lunch today after I atre my bagged lunch, just wanted to continue listening to the "hiss" of the CAI and throw it through a couple of curves:bigpimp:

I'm hooked:eeps:
Thata boy!!!! :thumbup:

AIM is the Devil's Advocate. Load 'er on up :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts