BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have an silver 02 m that I just bought with 65k and its a little scratched up. I was wondering how much a good full paint job could cost or if its even worth it? Thanks!

·
We want the Lion!
7,771 Posts
You're joking, right?

If not, plan on about 4 to 5k.

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Hey I have an silver 02 m that I just bought with 65k and its a little scratched up. I was wondering how much a good full paint job could cost or if its even worth it? Thanks!

If the scrathes aren't that bad and are localized (ie not all over the car) then plan on at least $1k. Otherwise, as ScottZHP said, $5k for a good paint job.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts

NICE ///M! Of course it is worth painting, it's an ///M! But you might want to try a clay bar and a weekend of scrubbing and rubbing. Lots of times surface scratches can be buffed out.

But you may want to save some $$ for the $14.95 a qt (you'l need 8 of em) oil you have to buy, and those $1200 brakes (just the parts mind you) that make ///M's so darned expesnive to drive!

·
I'm an agent of chaos
3,732 Posts

It's an ///M not m.

In other news it cost considerably more to buy the ///M badge than other badges on JLeviSW.com. It seems to need less raw materiel to make though. Supply and demand?

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
In other news it cost considerably more to buy the ///M badge than other badges on JLeviSW.com.
I wanted to buy one, but I feared retaliation from the folks over on fanatics. Maybe I'll just glue it to my floor mat :dunno:

·
I'm an agent of chaos
3,732 Posts
I wanted to buy one, but I feared retaliation from the folks over on fanatics. Maybe I'll just glue it to my floor mat :dunno:
I was going to buy one but decided against it at the last moment before placing my order. I feared some moron wouldn't realize that the E46 M3 never came as a sedan and would think I'm serious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts