BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Paint Cracks

1450 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  laser
Hi Guys,
There are some cracks on the paint of my 2004 530I hood. The color is dark blue and I am not sure why it happened? I think it is because of the sun. Here I have attached the picture. Does anyone know how I can fix that? It is on the hood and it does not look nice. thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Looks like a repainting job going bad...I expect you bought your car used.
Hi Guys,
There are some cracks on the paint of my 2004 530I hood. The color is dark blue and I am not sure why it happened? I think it is because of the sun. Here I have attached the picture. Does anyone know how I can fix that? It is on the hood and it does not look nice. thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Looks like the beginning of clear coat failure. If so, I believe repaint is your only option.
The only fix is to repaint. You can help the appearence by polishing and a filler wax/glaze. However, the damage is done.
I read somewhere in a detailing forum that paint cracks as the result of allowing bird droppings to sit on the paint for too long.
Do you think that insurance cover that?
Only if a large boulder were to fall out of the sky and land on it :yikes:
Do you think that insurance cover that?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.