BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2002 530i CPO which I purchased about 3 months ago. Recently, I noticed that one of my rims has a chunk of paint flaking off. The flake is still attached to the rim, but is eventually going to fall off. It doesn't appear that the rim was hit with anything. There are no scratch marks or scuffs. It looks like it may have been a defect with the paint.

Has anyone here had a similar problem? Is there a low-cost solution to this. Do you think I have any recourse with the dealer for getting it fixed?

·
racer wannabe
3,311 Posts
chef said:
Hi all,
I have a 2002 530i CPO which I purchased about 3 months ago. Recently, I noticed that one of my rims has a chunk of paint flaking off. The flake is still attached to the rim, but is eventually going to fall off. It doesn't appear that the rim was hit with anything. There are no scratch marks or scuffs. It looks like it may have been a defect with the paint.

Has anyone here had a similar problem? Is there a low-cost solution to this. Do you think I have any recourse with the dealer for getting it fixed?
If the car is still under original warranty the dealer will fix it as long as there is no sign of impact. One of the members here got his rim fixed this way. AFAIK they didn't paint entire wheel and any wheel repair place should do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts