BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the fall a bird relieved himself on my car but I was able to remove it with Griot's Speed Shine. What I have left though is a spot several inches from the passenger side door handle that's about the size of three quarters.

I used everything I could think of to get that spot off, including tar remover which usually gets off just about anything. I might add that even though I can see it most people probably can't pick it out. It isn't rough in the least and it almost looks like it has discolored the paint.

The color is Oxford Green Metallic.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Its not uncommon that the acid in bird dropping etch the clear....I would start with a paint cleaner...you can get one OTC...like Megs deep crystal paint cleaner...use a piece of cotton to rub that area...a bit of elbow grease will take to off...in most cases...if its etched any deeper then wet sanding could be in order...start with what I've suggested

·
Fountainhead
722 Posts
Its not uncommon that the acid in bird dropping etch the clear....I would start with a paint cleaner...you can get one OTC...like Megs deep crystal paint cleaner...use a piece of cotton to rub that area...a bit of elbow grease will take to off...in most cases...if its etched any deeper then wet sanding could be in order...start with what I've suggested
+1.

Couldn't have sad it better myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts