BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently ordered an X3 - dealership didn't mention getting paint protection - is it something worth inquiring about or do Bimmers come through with a protective coating already on ?

Also, Volvo dealers promote an all inclusive protection package - dings, tires, wheels,etc. -do BMW dealerships promote something similar ?

·
Registered
920 Posts
We recently ordered an X3 - dealership didn't mention getting paint protection - is it something worth inquiring about or do Bimmers come through with a protective coating already on ?

Also, Volvo dealers promote an all inclusive protection package - dings, tires, wheels,etc. -do BMW dealerships promote something similar ?
Trust me, they will try to sell you all that stuff before you drive off the lot.

·
I love my beautiful wife.
2,151 Posts
As the other guy suggested, they will mention it.

I would suggest passing on it as it is no better than a good synthetic wax that you could apply. Bottom line is that it's pure profit for the dealer.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts

its a total waste of you money and the dealerships make big time $$ on it..so no is the answer...as for protection polishing and waxing your car in any kind of regular bases will keep the finish in great condition..if your not one to wax your car often then have a detailer do it once to twice a year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts