BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics of my painted calipers! I used G2 two stage caliper paint. If I don't like them, I'll repaint them at another time, just figured I'd try something crazy: Orange! The pics make them look red, but they're actually closer to Hemi Orange BTW: I've since cleaned off the paint from the top left caliper....

Attachments

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
where are the pics of them on your car?

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
Not on yet.... I'm waiting to put the new rotors/brake lines/calipers on when I get my ABS module back...:mad:
Ahh.... nice.

When will that be?

·
bates man
914 Posts
orange? you serious?

that is too rice my friend.

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
orange? you serious?

that is too rice my friend.
haha, yeah, I thought so too. the guy on Ebay had a no reserve auction, and the winner would either recieve: orange, black, silver, or red. I lucked out and got the one color I didn't want! I only paid $12 for a $45 paint kit, so I'm not at all upset!

Ahh.... nice.

When will that be?
Within the next 6 days hopefully.

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW. I would absolutely recommend G2 paint if anyone else is thinking of painting their calipers. This stuff rocks, it takes two coats and it looks/feels proffesional! I'm thinking of doing the intake manifold on my e30 with this stuff (probably not orange though...to muscle car-ish)

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
From what I've heard you've got a hemi anyways, BMW's been building hemispherical heads for years.

Looking forward to seeing them on the car!

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, that actually looks really cool! I'm gonna really consider that...

From what I've heard you've got a hemi anyways, BMW's been building hemispherical heads for years.

Looking forward to seeing them on the car!
I can't wait, I've had them sitting next to my bed for the last week and half...

ahhh those little guys look cute...... take pics without the flash on...
Thanks, "cute" and "calipers" are rarely used in the same sentence! The first pic is w/o flash, I live in an attic so no overhead lights, maybe I'll take some more pics downstairs and post em.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts