BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im thinking about painting my brake calipers tomarrow.is there anything i should know before i do it? what kind of paint...do's and dont's? help would be great. thanks

Kev

·
Registered
23 Posts
just use some high-temp caliper paint. Make sure to scrub them really good with a metallic brush or even sand paper if need to and degrease them before you apply the new paint. mask off the areas you dont wanna paint and put down about 3 layers of that new paint. Also let it dry for at least 24-48 hours or whatever it says on the can.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I did my rear ones a while ago in silver and have been very happy with how it looks. I need to do the front as well...

I used a spray can and masked the area off. With the front I will use paint and a brush - much easier.

·
Registered
56 Posts
autozone has kits with instructions and paint in a single ready to go box. make sure you thoroughly clean them
Thanks for the info. I purchased the kit from Autozone and got myself busy this mornig. Painted the rear calipers red and also took the time to clean and paint the rusty wheel hubs.

I painted the wheel hubs with silver primer and was thinking of painting them black but actually like the look with just the primer... what do you guys think? Should I just leave it like this or paint it? What color?

Attached are some pics...

- Jojo

Attachments

·
Don't ask me, I'm a sofa.
1,203 Posts
I would paint them too.

With those wheels, either chrome to match or matt black to make them disappear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
+1

(or go yellow and match your foggies!!!!!!!!!!11) :dunno:
Thanks... I'd probably go matt black despite the temptation to paint them yellow to match my foggies as kennedy1989 suggested. :rofl: Those yellow foggies must be a real sore spot huh? Oh well... to each his own, right? Just because your hood ornament is better than most folks out here (she's hot! :)) doesn't give you the right to knock my yellow foggies.... hehehe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.