BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recommendations for paintless dent removal on Long Island near JFK Airport? What has everyone seen as far as pricing? I’m wondering if there’s someone good out there without having to go through a dealer / body shop, which sublets the work and marks it up accordingly.

· Registered
437 Posts
Dent Wizard is a franchise, they are all over the world. I'm in SoCal, my local MB dealer actually has a Dent Wizard rep/tech onsite for their dealership. I never used them but they are everywhere so they must be reputable.

Depending on the location of your dent(s), your main questions are:
1) Do you need to drill holes in the side door panels to access the dent?
2) Are you going to access the dent from the window sill?
3) Do you need to take apart the interior panels to access the dent?

· Ride On!
194 Posts
When I purchased my F10, the dealer offered 5 year coverage with Dent Wizard for $299. This was surprisingly inexpensive so I quickly accepted as I had dent/ding coverage on my previous Lexus and used it quite often. 3 ding repairs and it would have paid for itself. It also gives me peace of mind that if I had to park my car in a somewhat vulnerable space, I'll be covered if something were to happen.

· Registered
322 Posts
My dealer offered dent repair too, but it didn't cover damage to the paint. :confused: So I just park far away from everyone else, and I enjoy the longer walks. :)

· Registered
5,490 Posts
I go through my dealer. They outsource it but take full responsibility. I may pay a few bucks more than having a wizard with a truck come to my driveway, but at least I have recourse.

· Registered
1,364 Posts
Around $50 per dent

· Everything's Bigger in TX
7,193 Posts
BMW of Fairfax uses Dent Wizard as well. Many dealerships I know do.

· Ride On!
194 Posts
Here in DFW, ding repairs start at about $80 each and goes up from there depending on size and complexity. You get a discount if there are multiples on the same panel. Just from my experience.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Bimmer App

· Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My car is in service for paintless dent removal and one of the panels involved is the hood. I just received a call from my advisor stating they’re not able to remove the dent on the hood because reinforcements are glued to the hood throughout the entire hood backing and they can’t drill an access hole. The dent is in a place I would think would be readily accessible. With the hood being highly susceptible to hail damage, etc., it seems crazy they’re not able to take care of this! Has anyone ever heard of this before? Thanks.

· Registered
619 Posts
You're going to have to find someone in your area that does suction dent removal and not someone like Dent Wizard that pushes it out from behind. I had a dent removed from my previous Audi and it came out great. The below link is from someone in Cleveland, but if you call around I'm sure you can find a similar franchise operation in your area.

http://dentsvanish.com/

· Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Got my car back from the dealer and took the following photos; the dent is on the opposite side of the circled area of the second photo. It's definitely more difficult to find/see than before, which is good, but still there (I wasn't able to capture it on camera). Nevertheless, the PDR tech obviously attempted a repair now that I have scratches, as shown. I'm somewhat upset that my service advisor didn't state the tech at least attempted a repair. Anyway, I think it's satisfactory.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.