Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Polemicist
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, the Palestinians really care about human rights...

Yahoo news Caption: Palestinians drag the body of a suspected collaborator along a street in Hebron, West Bank, April 23, 2002. Gunmen killed three men <B>suspected</B> of collaborating with Israel at the scene of an overnight Israeli missile strike that resulted in the death of two Palestinian militants in Hebron. (Loay Abu Haykel/Reuters)

And let's not forget the compassion the Palestinians have for the injured! I wonder if they let an ambulance rescue this guy?
Oh wait...I guess they were too busy watching him bleed to death on the ground. Not that you'll hear anything from the UN about this, of course.

YN caption: In this image taken from video, a suspected Palestinian collaborator rolls over as he bleeds on the ground after being shot in the West Bank town of Ramallah Monday, April 22, 2002. According to witnesses, masked gunmen shot three men in the main square of Ramallah, accusing the men of having provided intelligence to the Israeli military, leading to the capture of Fatah leader Marwan Barghouti last week. (AP Photo/APTN)

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Palestinians killing their own people.

johnlew said:

Death before trial?
"Trial? Trial? We don't need no stinkin' trial..."

Now sing this one to the tune of "Love, American style..."

"Jus-tice, Palestinian style..."

:lmao:

·
5,820 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Palestinians killing their own people.

hts said:

"Trial? Trial? We don't need no stinkin' trial..."

Well, it is efficient. :eek:

So were the gas chambers...

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Ashe said:
usually these traitors are well known... kinda hard to have a trial when the police has been dismantled.
Ashe, this lame-arse excuse ("Arafat's infrastructure has been dismantled") doesn't hold water.

He wasn't doing jack to stop the terrorists as he was supposed to (he agreed to uphold the principles of BOTH the Tenet AND the Mitchell plans, but in reality, didn't do dick), so the Israeli's gave him a little assistance in routing out terrorists and explosive laboratories.

And did you get a load of the latest? Arafat is supposedly presiding over some sort of dip-shit trial within his compound, trying the alleged masterminds behind the assasination of Israel's former tourism minister. I'm sure that THAT will satisfy the Israeli government. Not. What kind of idiot must Arafat be?

Finally, no one doubts the message that traitors are scum, but aren't they at least entitled to a defense? Even in a kangaroo court like the Palestinians must conduct?

As an American (I assume you're an American), are you not appalled that these alleged traitors are summarily executed without any semblance of a trial?

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
blah blah blah........ some facts for you...

Which country in the Middle East seizes the sovereign territory of other nations by military force and continues to occupy it in defiance of the United Nations Security Council resolutions?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East routinely violated the international borders of another sovereign state with warplanes, artillery and navy gunships?

Israel

What US ally in the Middle East has for years sent assassins into other countries to kill its political enemies (a practice sometimes referred to as exporting terrorism)?

Israel

Which countries in the Middle East have high ranking military officials admit publicly that unarmed prisoners of war were executed?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East has nuclear weapons?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East refuses to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and bars international inspections?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East refuses to prosecute its soldiers who have acknowledged executing prisoners of war?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East created 762,000 refuges and refuses to allow them to return to their homes, farms and businesses?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East refuses to pay compensation to people whose land, bank accounts, and business were confiscated?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East had a high ranking UN diplomat assassinated?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East did the man who ordered the assassination of a high-ranking UN diplomat become prime minister?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East blew up an American diplomatic facility in Egypt and attacked the USS liberty in international waters that left 35 dead and wounding 177 American sailors?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East employed a spy Jonathon Pollard, to steal classified documents form the US and then share some of them with the USSR?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East at first denied any official connection to Pollard then voted to make him a citizen and has continuously demanded that the American President grant him full pardon?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East on this planet has the second most powerful lobby in the US according to a recent Fortune magazine survey of Washington insiders?

Israel

Which country in the Middle East is in defiance’s of 69 UN Security Council resolutions and has been protected from 29 more US vetoes?

Israel

Which country does not approve of having UN security forces provide protection for Palestinians from Israeli Military aggression?

USA

Which country in the Middle East US threatening to bomb because "UN security council resolutions must be obeyed"?
Iraq

·
5,820 Posts
Ashe, as long as you're into lists....

ARAB/ISLAMIC NOBEL WINNERS
>
>
> > >
> > 1.2 billion Muslims
19.6% of World's Population

> > Literature
> > 1957 Albert Camus
> > 1988 - Najib Mahfooz 1988.
>
> > Peace
> > 1978 - Mohamed Anwar El-Sadat
> > 1994 - Yaser Arafat
>
> > Chemistry
> > 1990 Elias James Corey
> > 1999 - Ahmed Zewail
>
> > Medicine
> > 1960 Peter Brian Medawar
> > 1998 Ferid Mourad
>
>
>
> > JEWISH NOBEL WINNERS
>
> > 0.2% OF WORLD'S POPULATION
> > 14.1 Million Jews
>
> > Literature
> > 1910 - Paul Heyse
> > 1927 - Henri Bergson
> > 1958 - Boris Pasternak
> > 1966 - Shmuel Yosef Agnon
> > 1966 - Nelly Sachs
> > 1976 - Saul Bellow
> > 1978 - Isaac Bashevis Singer
> > 1981 - Elias Canetti
> > 1987 - Joseph Brodsky
> > 1991 - Nadine Gordimer
>
> > World Peace
> > 1911 - Alfred Fried
> > 1911 - Tobias Michael Carel Asser
> > 1968 - Rene Cassin
> > 1973 - Henry Kissinger
> > 1978 - Menachem Begin
> > 1986 - Elie Wiesel
> > 1994 - Shimon Peres
> > 1994 - Yitzhak Rabin
>
> > Chemistry
> > 1905 - Adolph Von Baeyer
> > 1906 - Henri Moissan
> > 1910 - Otto Wallach
> > 1915 - Richard Willstaetter
> > 1918 - Fritz Haber
> > 1943 - George Charles de Hevesy
> > 1961 - Melvin Calvin
> > 1962 - Max Ferdinand Perutz
> > 1972 - William Howard Stein
> > 1977 - Ilya Prigogine
> > 1979 - Herbert Charles Brown
> > 1980 - Paul Berg
> > 1980 - Walter Gilbert
> > 1981 - Roald Hoffmann
> > 1982 - Aaron Klug
> > 1985 - Albert A. Hauptman
> > 1985 - Jerome Karle
> > 1986 - Dudley R. Herschbach
> > 1988 - Robert Huber
> > 1989 - Sidney Altman
> > 1992 - Rudolph Marcus
> > 2000 - Alan J. Heeger
>
> > Economics
> > 1970 - Paul Anthony Samuelson
> > 1971 - Simon Kuznets
> > 1972 - Kenneth Joseph Arrow
> > 1975 - Leonid Kantorovich
> > 1976 - Milton Friedman
> > 1978 - Herbert A. Simon
> > 1980 - Lawrence Robert Klein
> > 1985 - Franco Modigliani
> > 1987 - Robert M. Solow
> > 1990 - Harry Markowitz
> > 1990 - Merton Miller
> > 1992 - Gary Becker
> > 1993 Rober Fogel
>
> > Medicine
> > 1908 - Elie Metchnikoff
> > 1908 - Paul Erlich
> > 1914 - Robert Barany
> > 1922 - Otto Meyerhof
> > 1930 - Karl Landsteiner
> > 1931 - Otto Warburg
> > 1936 - Otto Loewi
> > 1944 - Joseph Erlanger
> > 1944 - Herbert Spencer Gasser
> > 1945 - Ernst Boris Chain
> > 1946 - Hermann Joseph Muller
> > 1950 - Tadeus Reichstein
> > 1952 - Selman Abraham Waksman
> > 1953 - Hans Krebs
> > 1953 - Fritz Albert Lipmann
> > 1958 - Joshua Lederberg
> > 1959 - Arthur Kornberg
> > 1964 - Konrad Bloch
> > 1965 - Francois Jacob
> > 1965 - Andre Lwoff
> > 1967 - George Wald
> > 1968 - Marshall W. Nirenberg
> > 1969 - Salvador Luria
> > 1970 - Julius Axelrod
> > 1970 - Sir Bernard Katz
> > 1972 - Gerald Maurice Edelman
> > 1975 - David Baltimore
> > 1975 - Howard Martin Temin
> > 1976 - Baruch S. Blumberg
> > 1977 - Rosalyn Sussman Yalow
> > 1978 - Daniel Nathans
> > 1980 - Baruj Benacerraf
> > 1984 - Cesar Milstein
> > 1985 - Michael Stuart Brown
> > 1985 - Joseph L. Goldstein
> > 1986 - Stanley Cohen [& Rita Levi-Montalcini]
> > 1988 - Gertrude Elion
> > 1989 - Harold Varmus
> > 1991 - Erwin Neher
> > 1991 - Bert Sakmann
> > 1993 - Richard J. Roberts
> > 1993 - Phillip Sharp
> > 1994 - Alfred Gilman
> > 1995 - Edward B. Lewis
>
> > Physics
> > 1907 - Albert Abraham Michelson
> > 1908 - Gabriel Lippmann
> > 1921 - Albert Einstein
> > 1922 - Niels Bohr
> > 1925 - James Franck
> > 1925 - Gustav Hertz
> > 1943 - Gustav Stern
> > 1944 - Isidor Issac Rabi
> > 1952 - Felix Bloch
> > 1954 - Max Born
> > 1958 - Igor Tamm
> > 1959 - Emilio Segre
> > 1960 - Donald A. Glaser
> > 1961 - Robert Hofstadter
> > 1962 - Lev Davidovich Landau
> > 1965 - Richard Phillips Feynman
> > 1965 - Julian Schwinger
> > 1969 - Murray Gell-Mann
> > 1971 - Dennis Gabor
> > 1973 - Brian David Josephson
> > 1975 - Benjamin Mottleson
> > 1976 - Burton Richter
> > 1978 - Arno Allan Penzias
> > 1978 - Peter L Kapitza
> > 1979 - Stephen Weinberg
> > 1979 - Sheldon Glashow
> > 1988 - Leon Lederman
> > 1988 - Melvin Schwartz
> > 1988 - Jack Steinberger
> > 1990 - Jerome Friedman
> > 1995 - Martin Perl
>
> > (Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., Chicago, Ill., Britannica Book of the
>Year, 1999)
>

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
Ummm what does that have to do with violations of International law?

do you think those people you listed come from the same area? Just because they are Jewish? they are not all Israeli...you seem to want this to be a Jewish vs Arab/ Muslim issue..when you know its not...its about a people that want to live free....

johnlew said:
Ashe, as long as you're into lists....
>
> > (Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., Chicago, Ill., Britannica Book of the
>Year, 1999)
>

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
Oh look anti Semitic Semites ...
or even self hating Jews?

Orthodox Jews demonstrate outside the American Israel Public Affairs Committee meeting in Washington, Monday, April 22, 2002. Days of demonstrations in the nation's capital wrapped up Monday evening with dueling pro-Palestinian and pro-Israeli groups picketing outside the annual convention of a powerful Jewish lobbying group. (AP Photo/Stephen J. Boitano)

Attachments

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Palestinians killing their own people.

Ripsnort said:

What's your opinion on John Walker? Should he face the death penalty?

If he had anything to do with the killing Americans...yes he should.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Ashe said:
blah blah blah........ some facts for you...

Which country in the Middle East seizes the sovereign territory of other nations by military force and continues to occupy it in defiance of the United Nations Security Council resolutions?

Israel

This one may come as a shock to you, but the last time I checked, the occupied territories were not a sovereign nation.

Which country in the Middle East routinely violated the international borders of another sovereign state with warplanes, artillery and navy gunships?

Israel

Good for them. Like we (U.S.) don't do the same in Iraq?

What US ally in the Middle East has for years sent assassins into other countries to kill its political enemies (a practice sometimes referred to as exporting terrorism)?

Israel

That's pretty awesome in my book. I wish the U.S. didn't have a policy against assasinating the bad guys (God knows we're 'going after' your personal hero--bin laden).

Which countries in the Middle East have high ranking military officials admit publicly that unarmed prisoners of war were executed?

Israel

Don't know about that one. But I suppose the U.S. executes (lethal injection, etc.) 'unarmed POW's' after they've been tried and convicted (unlike the barbaric Palestinians that just execute them without a trial).

Which country in the Middle East has nuclear weapons?

Israel

(Good for them. Friggen' geniuses).

Which country in the Middle East refuses to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and bars international inspections?

Israel

(Why should they allow inspectors in? Everyone knows they have them. Do we allow international inspectors into the US?)

Which country in the Middle East refuses to prosecute its soldiers who have acknowledged executing prisoners of war?

Israel

Don't know where that propaganda came from, but I find it highly suspect.

Which country in the Middle East created 762,000 refuges and refuses to allow them to return to their homes, farms and businesses?

Israel

To the victors belong the spoils.

Which country in the Middle East refuses to pay compensation to people whose land, bank accounts, and business were confiscated?

Israel

Looks like the Palestinians and the descendants of African slaves and American indians have something in common.

Which country in the Middle East had a high ranking UN diplomat assassinated?

Israel

Yes.

Which country in the Middle East did the man who ordered the assassination of a high-ranking UN diplomat become prime minister?

Israel

He's a hero.

Which country in the Middle East blew up an American diplomatic facility in Egypt and attacked the USS liberty in international waters that left 35 dead and wounding 177 American sailors?

Israel

It was an accident. Accidents happen.

Which country in the Middle East employed a spy Jonathon Pollard, to steal classified documents form the US and then share some of them with the USSR?

Israel

Last time I checked, most allies spy on one another (never heard the sharing with the Ruskies thing before tho').

Which country in the Middle East at first denied any official connection to Pollard then voted to make him a citizen and has continuously demanded that the American President grant him full pardon?

Israel

Yeah, so what? So they shouldn't look after a man they enlisted to become a spy for them? What would you have them do--shoot him in the back?

Which country in the Middle East on this planet has the second most powerful lobby in the US according to a recent Fortune magazine survey of Washington insiders?

Israel

Good for them. Too bad they're not #1.

Which country in the Middle East is in defiance’s of 69 UN Security Council resolutions and has been protected from 29 more US vetoes?

Israel

Cool.

Which country does not approve of having UN security forces provide protection for Palestinians from Israeli Military aggression?

USA

Which country in the Middle East US threatening to bomb because "UN security council resolutions must be obeyed"?
Iraq

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Ashe said:
HTS you have trully sunk to the bottom....

isn't Pollard considered a triator?????
Ashe,

First of all, aren't you in undergrad/applying for grad school? I know we don't have a spell-checker here, and we all make a typo every now and again, but...

Pollard isn't considered a traitor to Israel. Quite the contrary. They consider him to be a hero.

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
well if it isn't the kettle calling the pot black.......I am a professional and you are not an English teacher....

what about in the US..what is Pollard????

hts said:

Ashe,

First of all, aren't you in undergrad/applying for grad school? I know we don't have a spell-checker here, and we all make a typo every now and again, but...

Pollard isn't considered a traitor to Israel. Quite the contrary. They consider him to be a hero.

·
O.G.
8,376 Posts
HTS, I read through your explanations to Ashe's list, and I was dismayed that you feel that way as an American. You, previously, called Israel one of America's closest allies, and yet you have no problems with Israel using a spy to give US secrets to Russia? You really think the attack on the USS Liberty was an accident? If you read ANY of the accounts of the attack , you will find that ALL of the crew thought it was intentional, as well as the fact that Israel's excuse for the attack didn't hold water (pun intended).

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Spiderm0n said:
HTS, I read through your explanations to Ashe's list, and I was dismayed that you feel that way as an American. You, previously, called Israel one of America's closest allies, and yet you have no problems with Israel using a spy to give US secrets to Russia? You really think the attack on the USS Liberty was an accident? If you read ANY of the accounts of the attack , you will find that ALL of the crew thought it was intentional, as well as the fact that Israel's excuse for the attack didn't hold water (pun intended).
Pete,

If you read my responses carefully, you'll have noted that I was surprise to hear (I won't use the word 'learn', because I don't believe much/anything that I hear from Ashe the first time w/o first independently verifying it) that Pollard/Israel sold/shared it with the Ruskies. If that is in fact true, that would be very, very bad.

As for the attack on the USS Liberty, once again, I'm not very learned on this particular incident in US history, but without doing some independent research (who has the time), my initial inclination is that it was an accident. I seriously doubt that Israel intentionally downed a US warship. And if the U.S. government thought any differently, why did we not retaliate against Israel in kind? Huh?

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Ashe said:
well if it isn't the kettle calling the pot black.......I am a professional and you are not an English teacher....

what about in the US..what is Pollard????

Ashe, once again your argument are ill-conceived at best.

And how do you know I'm not an English teacher? Perhaps I am certified as one, but simply choose not to do so (there's not much money in teaching, I'm afraid).

As for Pollard, of course we as Americans consider him to be a traitor. Duh. But he certainly isn't considered to be one to the Israelis.

Of course, if he was Palestinian, he'd have be shot in the head and dragged through the streets long before he'd had a chance to defend himself.

God forbid you (or anyone you know) ever mistakenly get accused of collaborating with the Israelis. It's like the friggen' Salem witch trials over there. I know they're your people, and hence, I'm answering my own question, but why can't you see that they're a bunch a barbaric savages?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.