BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya I know it sounds like some kind of disease or illness you catch in the jungle I wish it was it’s probably a lot easier to get rid of haha. On a serious note does anybody have any info on this it is playing havoc on my e61 wagon the battery is draining almost over night now and it’s getting really annoying any help is appreciated thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Ya I know it sounds like some kind of disease or illness you catch in the jungle I wish it was it’s probably a lot easier to get rid of haha. On a serious note does anybody have any info on this it is playing havoc on my e61 wagon the battery is draining almost over night now and it’s getting really annoying any help is appreciated thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
How old is your battery? These cars eat batteries, so you are lucky if it lasts 5 years. Typically, replacement maybe required after only 3 years, if you're in a cold climate.

Assuming that your car goes to sleep as it should, there should be lots of charge left to get the car started. If it's going to sleep, then replace your battery. If not, you probably need to replace the MPM which is in the trunk under the spare. It's prone to getting submerged in water, when the sunroof drains back up.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just based off my own assessment you might want to concentrate on the the rear hatch wiring on both left and right sides. Check all your electronics including hatch glass, hatch, tail lights, different modules, etc, as the wiring harnesses can break and cause all kinds of grounding and parasitic draw issues.
Also check for water ingress in the cargo and spare tire areas. All these crazy issues end up causing various modules to NOT sleep, thus causing the battery to drain overnight. A properly running BMW charging system will last many years, as it's a pretty smart system with that IBS, etc.

·
I'm a Knicks fan ...
181 Posts
I don't have a touring but after dealing with with my E60 550i almost not starting for a even after replacing my battery just a tad bit over a year now ... "it seems" that my iDrive/SOS/Navigation system may have been the cause of my high battery drain for a very loooooong time. I located and removed the fuse from the fuse box in the glove compartment and now my car starts like how it should. You may want to take a mental note of what seems to not turn off if that's noticeable and feasible. I say this as I noticed that when I sat in my car with the FOB out of the ignition and everything is "supposed to be turned off" I could hear the DVD navigation and/or the CD keeps spinning. Now I have to figure out how to fix my iDrive/Navigagtion as this was only showing the BMW Logo repeatedly (I haven't used my iDrive in over a year because of this ongoing issue)

·
Under the lift arms
12,964 Posts
i recommend you all read that first link doug posted.. about sleep mode

1 - 6 of 6 Posts