BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. i know there was thread a while back on this but it never went anywhere. All i need is for someone to determine what the part number is for the PDC control unit that is located in the 3 series for the EUROPEAN model.

The EURO 3'r has both front and rear PDC. If the part number matches what the part number is for amercian side PDC control unit then it should be a plug and play situation.

I also need for someone to find out if EURO 3 series with front and rear PDC has a single multi-connector cable that connects the front PDC sensors ther control unit in the back.

If the control units match - then it appears as though i am 2 parts away from installing this.

Can someone help me out with this?

·
resident dj
201 Posts
PDC equipped cars come with sensors in front and rear bumper, so you will have to replace both of them or drill holes to accommodate the sensors.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hello. Did no-one at your local dealership have any information for you? I would think that a friendly SA could at least get you the part numbers, if not actually order the parts for you.

Once you had the part numbers, you might find an independent who could get you the parts.

Best,

Snaxster

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Local parts person at the dealership didn't have crap to give out. Was at best - no help.

I am willing to drill the holes in the front bumper. Already have rear PDC. Just trying to match up what I have vs. what the european models have to see what parts need to be purchased.

·
Registered
100 Posts
There was a guy on eBay (ROVERACTIVE) who was selling complete front and rear pdc systerms. You might want to contact him about the partnumber and if it is possible for you to just purchase the front (if you can do so) since you already have the rear. He also sells front and rear backup cameras... that would be cool too. Keep us updated on your progress.

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Try this link.

Edit: Looks like the PDC control unit is $138 at parts.crownauto.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts