Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, my electronic parking brake was malfunction, got the yellow "P' warning signal and also the warning message in the iDrive system. Just parked the car as usual, then the next day it turned out to be malfunction. The vehicle is still drivable, warning will disappear randomly and then come out again. I took the car to local BMW dealer, they couldn't find what exact reason caused the malfunction, only said the parking brake actuator is malfunction, and recommend to replace the actuator. Did anyone ever have this issue with your X5? Any good advice? Thank you.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah same happened to me. Relatively common. There are a few different failure points, I pulled the module with cables attached and sent it off for rebuild with new cables for about $300 and it resolved all issues. I had a full time yellow brake warning light.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've been using my parking brake allot lately. I had to replace the switch, as it was broken already when I got the car from its last owner. If and when it fails, does it fail engaged or disengaged? Would suck to not be able to drive the car if it failed engaged.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
There’s an emergency release method with the “red hammer” and a pin to pull in the trunk, left corner. Check the manual.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah same happened to me. Relatively common. There are a few different failure points, I pulled the module with cables attached and sent it off for rebuild with new cables for about $300 and it resolved all issues. I had a full time yellow brake warning light.
Hi, where did you send the module for rebuild?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hope everybody is doing well ! I still have the issue on my car, does anyone have any suggestion ?
No idea who I used at this point, but all you have to do is go on eBay and search ***8220;e70 park brake repair***8221; and there are multiple options, all pretty similar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts