BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had trouble programming their garage door openner buttons? I heard that some types of openners are not 'transferable' and I begining to think that is the case with mine. I live in a shared garage so perhaps it is a security thing. I have followed the instructions in the maual for programing the buttons - but never get the 'rapid light' indicating success -

Thoughts?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I know some garage openers have a "learn" button on the opener itself, you have to press the button on the unit in the garage after you've done the car opener, yours has that?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Has anyone had trouble programming their garage door openner buttons? ....but never get the 'rapid light' indicating success -
I've been using that type of opener in 4 different Bimmers. All had issues "learning" the frequency of the remote. In my currnet car, when I had the mirror replaced, it took me like 10 trys (I felt stupid pressing the remote and moving the GDO farther away and then closer to see if it would learn the frequency. Persistance will pay off.

Keep trying. Once you get that far, remember you'll need to have your GDO brain learn the new remote in your mirror.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts