BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm heading out for my ED in 3.5 weeks!

But i still don't have a place to stay in Florence. i really want to stay in the city to experiance it for 3 days....

But I am really concered about Parking, so if i get a hotel room in the city, I have to find secure parking....so, i was thinking about parking at the airport (for two or three days) and taking the bus into the city...

has anyone done this? how much is parking at the airport? it must be secure, right?

thanks!
-Wajih Effendi

·
Registered
80 Posts
We stayed in Florence last year at the Soggiorno Battistero right by the Duomo. Loved it. Parked underground at Parcheggio Parterre. About 20 mins walk north or take the bus. 15 Euros a day. Seemed very safe.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The best place to stay while in Florence is Villa Fiesole. Check their website here

This is the best place to stay. Do a search on villa Fiesole and you will get all the feedback.

It is a fun place to stay.......one of the best places I stayed on my ED. It had the best of both worlds. Safe parking and close proximity to the city center with the city bus.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have booke the Villa Fiesole for my ED in June, but I was strongly considering Hotel Guelfo Bianco they come highly recomended, mainly for their central location. When I emailed about parking they said they have an arangement with a garage and they vallet your car and brind it to you when you need it. around 20 euros a day.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There are many parking garages in centro that run 15 to 20 Euros a day. The "streets" in that area (close to the hotels) are narrow, one way streets with many pedestrian-only areas, so you may find it's a little difficult to navigate initially.

Never parked at the airport (except dropping off rental cars), but it seemed like the general parking area was always full (and very small even for a small airport). I don't think you'd want to bother with parking at the Firenze airport.

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,346 Posts
PittBMW said:
The best place to stay while in Florence is Villa Fiesole. Check their website here

This is the best place to stay. Do a search on villa Fiesole and you will get all the feedback.

It is a fun place to stay.......one of the best places I stayed on my ED. It had the best of both worlds. Safe parking and close proximity to the city center with the city bus.
:thumbup: (Love Villa Fiesole)

The issue is not just parking. I would not dare drive in any italian city. You will have Vespas crisscrossing in front you. :yikes:

·
Registered
66 Posts
A note to all of you driving in Italy/France....

Make sure you lock your doors while driving!!!! Thief on these Vespas will open your door and take stuff out of your car within seconds!! Another trick is they pretend their vespa hits your car... you stop and open the door to check it out the damage... at the same time somebody else will rob your car!! Both guys flee on their vespa's.

be warned, you will stand out a) driving an expensive car and b) a foreign (german) license plate.

Italy is bad in general, if you rent a BMW/Mercedes in a European country (besides Italy), you have to sign that you are not driving it in Italy (and also east-Europe) since the car-jacking rate is very high for these cars....

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Another option

Villa Cora is on a hill outside of the center (and across the Po), but closer in than Fiesole. They have a free shuttle to downtown and free parking right at their front door. The entire property is gated and secure. They also have a nice pool, which comes in handy, since Florence is built on swampland and the humidity can be brutal.

It is a nice city, but my view is that it has the worst weather in all of Italy.

URL: http://www.villacora.it/

·
Registered
155 Posts
See my 4/10 post under my original thread 'Anyone need an invaluable NAV DVD - 2004-2 Professional?'. I discussed Florence hotels and secure parking (v. important in my opinon) there. Let me know if you need more info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts