BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 BMW 745i. I took the car for an oil change today and as soon as I pulled out I noticed the yellow parking lamp on the dash and the service engine soon warning. I've read through all the posts here trying to find a solution. I parked the car in the garage, pressed the parking button several times and I could hear the actuator in the trunk moving. I opened the trunk and looked at the actuator and there is noise when I press the parking button but the gear doesn't turn. From what I've read this could be something with the alternator or the gear in the trunk. I'm looking for ideas on what this could be or how to troubleshoot. Can someone please give me some ideas? I can't afford to spend $1,000 for a new gear that goes in the trunk.

There is also a yellow car indicator on top of the idrive screen. I'm assuming this is because of the check engine light caused by the parking problem. Please help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.