BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When parking sensor is activated a continuos bleep comes on without being near to an object - problem has suddenly arisen - working fine since I bought the vehicle in July 2004. Any ideas of what has gone wrong ?? :dunno:

·
Registered
136 Posts
asad said:
When parking sensor is activated a continuos bleep comes on without being near to an object - problem has suddenly arisen - working fine since I bought the vehicle in July 2004. Any ideas of what has gone wrong ?? :dunno:
take it to dealer. common problem.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Check to make sure none of your sensors have some sort of crud on them. It will sometimes happen whenever it rains.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's weird, I have the same exact problem. I'm going to check to see if there is any crud. I have been to the dealership three times in three weeks with appointments. They know me by first name there.

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
Can the parking sensor system be turned off or is it automatically engaged when you shift into reverse?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would you belive it ?? I took it to the dealer thinking that this was some systemic deep seated malfunction but within 20 seconds he pointed out that my front number plate was sticking out a bit as it was not secured with screws and that was being detected by the sensor - felt like a right idiot !! Nerver mind - problem solved - The car has have been suffering from little problems since I bought it so I just assumed that this was another gremlin :confused:

Thanks anyway folks. Learn something new everyday !

·
totally
520 Posts
LmtdSlip said:
Can the parking sensor system be turned off or is it automatically engaged when you shift into reverse?
Automatically engaged when in reverse. You can turn off the front sensor though with a button on the dash.

I learned this last night :D :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gents,

Just had this problem tonight - the parking assist button near shifter is blinking. Not coincidental that I just bought the truck a few weeks ago and pressure washed it tonight. Likely that I damaged one of the sensors not knowing I was to keep away from them while washing. Any thoughts on how I can go about diagnosing which sensor I damaged? And, if so, thoughts on where to get used/inexpensive replacement units?

Cheers.

J

·
Registered
2 Posts
My constant PDC beeping happened right after the dealership installed a front license plate bracket and license frame. I thought about it and after about 2 months of it decided to take the frame off and immediately the problem was solved.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Look around first....I had similar issue and what happened that somebody pushed one of the sensors in and it ended up inside the bumper cover so very close to the object.. ..
If this is not helping - try unplugging one by one to see if one is faulty...otherwise it is elswere

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks but I have solved the problem!!!!
It was the license plate frame. Must have been a little bit tweaked because when I took it off the problem has stopped completely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've just joined site and have been looking through various problem related issue with the reversing sensor, I've just purchased a fault finder for the 1, 3, ,5, 6, 7, X, Z series BMW and have found all my faults. For what I paid for fault finder, it has saved me around £30 before I've even plugged the tool in. The fault code for the reversing sensor is the Parking Distance Control Module (PDCM), this will cost around £10 for a second hand unit. I hope this helps those who have the same problem.

If any of you guy are in the Basildon area and want to know faults you have, I can give you the fault codes and clear Engine Management light for only £25:00

1 - 13 of 13 Posts