BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out the respective part number or what it might even be called for the trim that is under the front headlamp and above the front bumper on my 2001 525i. The trim is under both headlamps and matches the body color of alpine white. The part that I am looking for is for the driver's side. It appears to be loose and/or the connection "clip" is broken at the outside edge of the piece. Any ideas?? Also, does this require a trip to the dealer? Many thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It's simply called the "Headlight Trim" [#7 in the diagram] Part # 51-13-8-168-809. *List price is $19.20 They come primed so if it's broken you would have to get it painted.
There is also a "Trim Seal" [#8 in the diagram] Part # 51-13-8-168-812. *List price is $1.37.

They're usually held on with a standard fastener [See # 5, 6, 10 and 11]; if the fastener is broken, that's likley to be an 80 cent piece. Best thing to do is gently remove the existing strip and see if the strip is broken of merely the fastener.

You should be able to perform this fix yourself.

[*Note: List prices are for reference only, the dealer will likely charge as much as double or triple that.]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.