BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if anyone had the part numbers for the M-Aero bumper for an '02 sedan, as well as what parts I need if I currently have the stock bumper.

Also, does anyone know how much more it would cost to purchase the M-Aero bumper vs. the stock bumper?

I'll be sure to call Cuttermotors tomorrow too to see what they say.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
The basic bumper itself is 51 11 7 893 328 -- that is for the M aero II front bumper -- the one that looks very much like an E46 M3. There is also a full M aero II package that includes front and rear bumpers and side skirts.

In addition to the bumper itself, you would need some other components such as the grille for the lower opening and the M fog lights.

On the other hand, there is also an M aero front bumper -- the one fitted to US-market 330i sport pkg cars. I assume you mean the M aero II, though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LMC said:
On the other hand, there is also an M aero front bumper -- the one fitted to US-market 330i sport pkg cars. I assume you mean the M aero II, though.
I'm actually talking about the M-Aero front bumper which comes with the 330i Sport Package, not the M-Aero II (or M-Tech). If you can help me out with part numbers, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

John

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
OK -- the bumper that comes with the 330i SP is that for option code 715 (M aero pkg) as opposed to option code 716 (M aero pkg II.)

There are a lot of parts associated with the swap, though. The bumper itself is 51 11 2 497 156. There are also the trim strips, fog lights and fog light surrounds, lower grille, fasteners, and license plate base.

I did the M aero II on my 330Ci, although I did the whole kit with front and rear and sides. I would expect that you'd be talking $600+ for parts (from Cutter) and several hundred for paint & labor. (My grand total on the coupe was just under $2k.)

This is complex enough that, if you want to pursue this, see if you can find someone with the parts CD (either a fellow 'Fester or the parts counter) and sit down with them and work through the whole list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts