BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today when I started the car, the passenger airbag warning light came on. The only thing I noted is the passenger seatbelt was jammed by the door from last night exit. Now the light stays on. Could that be the cause? The car is 2011 535iX.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,798 Posts
Do you mean the passenger airbag "off" light in the upper console? That light is always on when no passenger is sitting in the seat. Or did you mean some dashboard warning light?

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,798 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update in case other has similar issue.
Brought in to dealer yesterday under CPO. Was told the airbag sensor under the passenger seat got moisture intruded (still can't figure out why?). And was suggested to turn on the seat heater and drive a couple days. Today the light went off.

·
Gotta go fast!
15 Posts
And was suggested to turn on the seat heater and drive a couple days. Today the light went off.
Am I understanding this right, turning on the seat warmer on (while driving) for a couple of days did dry out the module?

I am having the same issue in my 09 128 (short version: It rained in thru the sunroof)and will be dropping it off at the dealership Monday to have the module replaced...if this is a fix....that would be AWESOME.

(Seriously, the shop guy uttered the words "Be prepared to get insurance involved" THAT'S never a good sign)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Am I understanding this right, turning on the seat warmer on (while driving) for a couple of days did dry out the module?

I am having the same issue in my 09 128 (short version: It rained in thru the sunroof)and will be dropping it off at the dealership Monday to have the module replaced...if this is a fix....that would be AWESOME.

(Seriously, the shop guy uttered the words "Be prepared to get insurance involved" THAT'S never a good sign)
My light went off after a day or two with the passenger seat heater on while driving. It costs nothing and is worth a try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Passenger Restraint malfunction

This warning is caused if the seat gets wet- even just putting an umbrella on it can cause this. I was told to drive with heat warmer on for a few days

·
Registered
1 Posts
passenger restraints system

please HELP
i had the same Issue , left a diet coke sealed on the passenger seat, it seems it leaked and i got the airbag light one, and seat belt light on also, i have been heating the seat for hours,
any tips ?? help is appreciated,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bump

A buddy of mine left the passenger window down about half way over a 24 hour period of snow and rain and am now getting the passenger restraint message.

Will leave the car and seat heater on for a while and will report back :mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Passenger restraint light

A friend had me to take the passenger seat out cause something was drop under the seat and the only way to get it was to pull the seat but when I put the seat back in and the warning light came on and want go off what I need to do to fix it

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
A friend had me to take the passenger seat out cause something was drop under the seat and the only way to get it was to pull the seat but when I put the seat back in and the warning light came on and want go off what I need to do to fix it
If you disconnected the airbag connector without disconnecting the battery your only option will probably be a visit to the dealer to reset the SRS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts