BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right brake lamp is out. I'm looking in the owner's manual and it's telling me to get a W16W 16 Watts bulb but they're literally nowhere to be found. I searched online and everywhere. I called autozone today and they are recommending a 21 Watt bulb.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsProduct.jsp?skuDescription=Sylvania+/+Bulb+-+Tail+Light&categoryDisplayName=Electrical+%26+Lighting&fromString=&itemIdentifier=862726_0_10332_4299&productId=862726&sortType=&parentId=57-0&filterByKeyWord=&isSearchByPartNumber=&navValue=15701499&categoryNValue=&fromWhere=&itemId=1499-0&displayName=Bulb+-+Tail+Light&store=5157&searchText=&brandName=Sylvania

am I ok getting this one? Thanks

07 335i

· Registered
14,185 Posts
I'm curious too. Let us know how that bulb worked out.

· Officially Contaminated
3,091 Posts
ima go buy it, if it works it works
Who is this Ima lady that people keep referring to? Is she some lady that will carry out tasks related to your car? How do I get her to work for me? How much does she charge?

Ima, go buy me the BMW Performance Exhaust. K thanks.

/sarcasm

· Outside looking in
6,403 Posts
Who is this Ima lady that people keep referring to? Is she some lady that will carry out tasks related to your car? How do I get her to work for me? How much does she charge?

Ima, go buy me the BMW Performance Exhaust. K thanks.

/sarcasm
[dick] [WINNING]

You need a "start" sarcasm code for this section so the reader can recognize the subroutine.:thumbup:

[/dick] [/WINNING]

· Combat Commuter
1,989 Posts
So, if I understand this correctly;

We follow Jiffy Lube's recommended oil change schedule and we go to Autozone to tell us we have the wrong bulbs in our car and they recommend the correct one.

So who covers our warranty now, Lowes or Home Depot?

Owning a BMW is getting complicated.

· Tar Heel Faithful
14,264 Posts
So, if I understand this correctly;

We follow Jiffy Lube's recommended oil change schedule and we go to Autozone to tell us we have the wrong bulbs in our car and they recommend the correct one.

So who covers our warranty now, Lowes or Home Depot?

Owning a BMW is getting complicated.
Does Walmart have the wiper blades? :rofl:

· Registered
499 Posts
it's just a simple question......Once out of warranty, you'll see the value of the stupid stuff like bulbs (which are odd sized in the brake lights) or batteries. just wanted to know...I'm still in warranty and they fix em all the time but I'm sure the OP would hate to spend $23.50 for a friggin bulb at the parts counter or $400 for a battery

· Combat Commuter
1,989 Posts
it's just a simple question......Once out of warranty, you'll see the value of the stupid stuff like bulbs (which are odd sized in the brake lights) or batteries. just wanted to know...I'm still in warranty and they fix em all the time but I'm sure the OP would hate to spend $23.50 for a friggin bulb at the parts counter or $400 for a battery
And the simple answer is...what is your time worth?

At almost 153,000 miles, I am slightly out of warranty. Recently one of the angel eyes burnt out. The bulb is a standard European bulb but wasn't carried by Napa, Autozone, Pepboys, Kragen (now O'Reily) etc. I wasted a whole Saturday and a lot of gas looking for this bulb.

I ended up buying from the dealer (it was in stock) for $25. In hindsight, it wasn't worth losing a whole Saturday to try to save 10 bucks.

And yes, when my battery goes, I will leave it to either the Dealer or an Indy and not to an Autozone or Walmart clerk to tell me what battery they think I should put in the Bimmer. (I assume E9X folks know that the battery needs to be "registered" to let the computer know what Voltage/Amp hour rating of the battery, so that the electrical/electronic and charging system are "aware". Otherwise a host of potential electrical problems may pop up)

· California Über Alles
879 Posts
it's just a simple question......Once out of warranty, you'll see the value of the stupid stuff like bulbs (which are odd sized in the brake lights)
One of my taillights went out a couple of months ago. E91 still under original warranty. Called the service department of my favorite dealer-- said they could do it in about 20 minutes. To me this meant ten minutes to process you in, 20 minutes to change the bulb if the tech isn't too busy, and two hours driving to and from the dealership. Called a closer dealership and was told "no problem, don't need an appointment, just drop in anytime, although now is not a good time, usually only takes about an hour if we're not busy." This was my incentive for doing it myself. It was pretty easy. I believe the instructions were right there in the owner's manual.

· Registered
499 Posts
i just replaced mine today. bought at Autozone. it is "sylvania longlife 921". 07 335i brakes bulb light, you need number 921.
confirmed....use the 921LL from Sylvania (autozone $4.99 for a pair). Its best to replace in pairs for equal brightness due to age. Just did this last night. I join the post and my left brake bulb went out on the way home from work. I replaced the matching right side bulb as well. Warning light resets automatically.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.