BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can i open my passenger door? The central locking works on all other doors except passenger side.
also no power to elec. window on same door.
is there a way of manually opening the door to enable access to the internals? :dunno:
your expertise appreciated.

·
Registered
186 Posts
bigbeemer said:
how can i open my passenger door? The central locking works on all other doors except passenger side.
also no power to elec. window on same door.
is there a way of manually opening the door to enable access to the internals? :dunno:
your expertise appreciated.
Open it from inside. Pull on the door handle once and it unlocks and then pull it for the second time and the door should open.

·
Registered
186 Posts
bigbeemer said:
tried it, no go
seems to be no power going to door.
no power to window either??
Really no go, it is the manual override for the elctric locks. If that desn't work I have no idea how to get the door open.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi,

i had the same problem some time back. i had to hold the passenger handle from inside the car trying to open it and at the SAME time press the lock/unlock button in the car. I did this with the car on and it opened it for me.

·
Oscar
650 Posts
I had this happen to me a few months back also, but my windows would work.

bigbeemer do park your car outside?

The reason I ask is because sometimes when you park outside with humity the lock gets stuck. I parked the car in the sun with the window down on the passanger side for about an hour then with my hand (Make sure the window is up) I lightly banged on where the lock was while pressing the unlock/lock button and the lock came up slowly. I don't recommend this but I was just letting you know what I did to get it to unlock.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
identical problem

I am suffering from a stuck door as well. My window is half open and refuses to rise or drop. I have tried all that has been mentioned in previous posts and have not had any success if anyone has any suggestions please help me out.
Thanks in advance.

·
Oscar
650 Posts
The way I got mine to unlock is driving around for about 30 minutes and every few minutes hitting the lock/unlock button. The lock finally came up. I am not sure if this helps but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stuck passenger door

Some success! After being told by BMW to rip the door panel off ! {£150+} to start.
I gently pulled the top part of panel away from door ,"some effort required", i managed to see the wires that run straight to the electric door lock release,it was then a simple case of running hot wires from the fusebox and running a direct 12volts to the door lock.It opened!! :rofl:
still a dead door but at least i can get in and out now manually.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
castella666 said:
I am suffering from a stuck door as well. My window is half open and refuses to rise or drop. I have tried all that has been mentioned in previous posts and have not had any success if anyone has any suggestions please help me out.
Thanks in advance.
after the hot wiring i mentioned here,i can now use the electric window only on the passenger window switch,i still will not work from drivers door switch.
Nothing worked at all before the hotwire. i also replaced the passenger door relay/brain box with no success.
Locks still dead and door mirror :dunno:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I have had the same problem with my rear nearside door, neither the inside or outside handle worked but the knob did rise and fall with the key fob. After reading through the previouse posts I tried a few of the ideas including trying to remove the inside door pannel which was a pain. After getting totally frustrated I decided to take the advice of someone and bang the door with my hand on the outside door panel around the area where the door lock and body would engage. After approx ten hits the door released and now works perfectly!! No idea how or why but happy again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts