BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 X3 xline 20d
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

new here and not the most technically able so please be kind! I hard wired a DashCam recently to my 2017 x3 F25. To get easier access to the front fusebox I removed the panel at the end of the dashboard on the passenger side where the airbag deactivation switch is. In doing so I removed the wiring connector to that switch and having put it all back I am not getting a passenger restraint error each time I start the car.

Anyone know how I can clear the error please?

Thanks

Andy

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,121 Posts
yes. With an SRS reset tool. Aka 'airbag system reset tool'

When the main SRS computer has power it ALWAYS checks to see that all modules it is supposed to see are connected. The instant one is disconnected it traps a fault which cannot be cleared without the SRS tool.

Disconnecting the battery for 6 weeks, holding cables togteher, rubbing your belly 5 times while hopping on one foot- all will not reset this.

It will take someone a minute. You can buy the tool online for cheap too.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hi,

new here and not the most technically able so please be kind! I hard wired a DashCam recently to my 2017 x3 F25. To get easier access to the front fusebox I removed the panel at the end of the dashboard on the passenger side where the airbag deactivation switch is. In doing so I removed the wiring connector to that switch and having put it all back I am not getting a passenger restraint error each time I start the car.

Anyone know how I can clear the error please?

Thanks

Andy
If you're not getting an error, I don't understand what you need to clear?

BTW, never mess with anything relate to the airbag system without disconnecting the battery first, well unless you have the diag tools to clear the errors.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,121 Posts
lol

totally missed that. Read it as 'now' since it is what should happen and did happen.

·
Registered
2017 X3 xline 20d
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not = now
Doh! A rather unfortunate typo!
If you're not getting an error, I don't understand what you need to clear?

BTW, never mess with anything relate to the airbag system without disconnecting the battery first, well unless you have the diag tools to clear the errors.
I should have thought of that!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Get a phone app/OBD II that supports air bags or get ISTA+ with ethernet OBD II cable, then you can clear the error.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts