BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just bought my 07 750li a week ago and I just noticed that on the passenger seat the lower part that is suppose to extend does not. I can pull it out manually but the controls do nothing for that particular part of the seat. Works flawlessly on the drivers side. Any idea as to what it could be or how to fix it? How much it would cost etc? TIA

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I never sit on the passenger side but it's a BMW 7 series so I'd prefer everything to work properly in the event that I do have a passenger. I'm just meticulous like that lol

· Registered
715 Posts
I have the same problem too... Let me know what they end up diagnosing it as...

· Registered
525 Posts
Mine was working on the passenger and broken on the driver. When I hit the memory button for my wife and went to close it up, it got caught on a shirt balled up and I guess it knocked it off track?! Now both sides are busted. I hear the motor though.

· Registered
165 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2007 750i my problem was on the drivers seat. My wife would gloat and tell me how comfortable her side was, drove me wild. Luckily my car still has a few months CPO so I had BMW check it, it was covered and fixed for $50 deductible. Now I have it I never use it and my wife has stopped gloating suddenly....was she pushing my buttons?? Incidentally at the same time I had my dealer check (and repair under CPO) the steering telescopic motor, the wheel went up and down but not in/out. That was another $50 well spent dollars, since then I have thought about the steering mechanism and how it might have got broken. I hasten to add it was not working when I purchased it. When you switch off and exit it is tempting and convenient to grab the steering wheel to assist exiting. My feelings are that often the steering is still "in motion" and grabbing the wheel might place undue strain on the components. I wait for all movement to cease and even then resist clutching the wheel to aid my exit....just a thought. My dealer spent a lot of money on this repair as it was not just the motor but also they had to replace a shaft.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.