BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2000 530i I have 3 motor failures on the passenger side.

The backrest, height and thigh support motors are all not responding. I don't hear a noise or anything from any of them.

When I unplug them I get +/- 12.4volts at the plugs that goes into motors, all tested separately.

The drivers seat all works fine.

I find it curious that the 3 motors that all appear to have failed are the 3 at the front of the seat.

The seat has a manufacture date of 2003, while the car is 2000. But it is the same sport seat as the drivers, same colour as well (black).

I haven't taken the seat out at yet,

just find it weird that its the passenger and not the driver seat.

I was sort of hoping before I took the voltages that it was going to be a switch issue, but 3 motors??

The car is newish to me - and it looks like it was a problem for previous owner as there is a switch in the glovebox, and the switch cover is off the seat.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Is the same with my passenger seat, tye seat will not go forward or backwards, if you use a screwdriver and tap a little on the gearbox next to the motor it works...
I think it is because maybe the passenger seat adjustments are seldom used, dont know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the same with my passenger seat, tye seat will not go forward or backwards, if you use a screwdriver and tap a little on the gearbox next to the motor it works...
I think it is because maybe the passenger seat adjustments are seldom used, dont know.
That's a good thought with not being used causing it to seize.

I might rig up an amp gauge and see if the motors are drawing current

1 - 3 of 3 Posts