BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side mirror will not consistently return to the fixed position after tilting down when the car is in reverse. I'm still within my warranty period and I took it to the dealer to get the mirror motor fixed. They claimed they could not reproduce the error (it happens about 50% of the time) and they said the computer wasn't giving the correct code showing the motor needed replacement so they couldn't do it under warranty. Because of this, I'm stuck with the same bum motor that won't return to the set position every time. Dealer said to just watch it and bring it back in if more problems occur.

Very frustrating...any suggestions on how to get the dealer to fix issue even though this doesn't happen every time?

·
Registered
548 Posts
This is total BS! My previous car had the same issue; had a loaner last month with a possessed passenger window. There is a post on this forum where a member calls out exactly what needed to be replaced to fix this issue. I think there may even be a SIB out. I tried a search but came up empty. Maybe you guys can keep looking.

In the meantime, you can try this workaround:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458863&highlight=mirror

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
My passenger side mirror will not consistently return to the fixed position after tilting down when the car is in reverse. I'm still within my warranty period and I took it to the dealer to get the mirror motor fixed. They claimed they could not reproduce the error (it happens about 50% of the time) and they said the computer wasn't giving the correct code showing the motor needed replacement so they couldn't do it under warranty. Because of this, I'm stuck with the same bum motor that won't return to the set position every time. Dealer said to just watch it and bring it back in if more problems occur.

Very frustrating...any suggestions on how to get the dealer to fix issue even though this doesn't happen every time?
Had the same problem with the mirror not the dealer. When the mirror was out of the position it was to return to I moved it by hand to the position and everything worked out fine. Never had the problem again. Good luck
cheers
vern

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.