BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 750 Li

I had parked my car yesterday and at that time the door opened and closed fine.
This morning, tried to open with the Remote and it did not open. Then tried by pressing the Open Button in the Car Dash and it still won't open. When trying from inside by pulling the lever, the small stick goes up but when the lever is released, it goes down. Tried holding to the stick, but it would not stay and there is no way I can open the door from inside or outside.

What are my options here? Is this something I can fix DIY or do I need to trek to the BMW Dealer?

·
Super Moderator
1,050 Posts
Your door lock actuator might need to be replaced. Or you might double check that your child safety switch in the rear door isn't slightly mis-engaged.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The door simply won't open whatever i do from inside or outside.
I have dropped the car at the Dealership and they also had the same doubt (Actuator may have gone bad).
Hopefully I will know tomorrow.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was indeed the Actuator and the Warranty company approved the claim. The Dealership found some Bushing also about to go bad and they have now submitted a new claim to the Warranty company to see if they want to get it done as well. I have a 2019 3 Series Loaner for almost a week now and so not complaining at all.

·
Super Moderator
1,050 Posts
Sounds good, glad they tracked it down to that! The ability to "double pull" on the door handles to unlock the door adds to the complexity of these actuators, which aren't just a simple locking solenoid, but does so much more. It's a bit scary that it could fail like that though and leave you "trapped" unable to open the door from inside or outside. These actuators do tend to fail on every model, probably over the past 20+ years.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have to take mine in soon. Sometimes the "double pull" won't unlock my driver door and when I press the unlock button the stem moves up very slowly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts