BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

I'm working with a NYS dealer who's really awesome.

So I would like to do a PCD and drive it straight home from South Carolina to Florida. However, the NYS dealer mentioned that as a licensed NYS dealer, the vehicle must be inspected by the NY dealer, eventhough the vehicle will not be registered in NY. So I must pick up the ordered vehicle in NY and lose out on the PCD :cry:

Would anyone happen to know if there's a work-around?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Hi Friends,

I'm working with a NYS dealer who's really awesome.

So I would like to do a PCD and drive it straight home from South Carolina to Florida. However, the NYS dealer mentioned that as a licensed NYS dealer, the vehicle must be inspected by the NY dealer, eventhough the vehicle will not be registered in NY. So I must pick up the ordered vehicle in NY and lose out on the PCD :cry:

Would anyone happen to know if there's a work-around?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Tell the dealer you will bring it to him after PCD and then drive straight to Florida. Doesn't sound like the dealer is awesome or he would figure out a "work around" if what he says is true. Check with other NY residents who have done PCD.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
>Check with other NY residents
>who have done PCD.
I was hoping NY members of this board whole done the pcd would chime in.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I would find another dealer -- Might I suggest a board sponsor. My understanding is if you are doing PCD, you can use any dealer in the U.S. I know this is true for ED, and I would suspect it would be the same ordering from any dealer and doing PCD.

·
Registered
26 Posts
late to this thread, but i purchased an M3 from a NY dealer (BMW of Southampton) January, 2017, Picked up at PCD, drove straight to FL.

No problem.....dealer helped with registering car in FL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts