BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow, that looks like fun!!! I can't wait to go in a few weeks! Did you get to do the hot lap in the M5?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Thanks for sharring the video! Glad you had a great time.

·
Registered
262 Posts
That off camber turn in the X5 looked a bit scary! Is there roll-over insurance?? :yikes:

Can't wait until my turn!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That off camber turn in the X5 looked a bit scary! Is there roll-over insurance?? :yikes:
Yes it's scary, but they coach you through it. It actually looks worse from the outside.

The vehicle is fully insured. You, on the other hand, sign a waiver.

One interesting thing - the instructor opened and closed his door while the X5 was on three wheels to show that the frame doesn't flex much. Very impressive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice video, thanks for sharing. I am hoping that I'll be able to take PCD of my X3 soon. This will be my fifth BMW and I never get a chance to get to the performance center :( My CA hasn't instilled me with much confidence, saying you get a "take it or leave it" date... but if the stars do align and I am able to do it, your video has certainly increased the desire.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice video, thanks for sharing. I am hoping that I'll be able to take PCD of my X3 soon. This will be my fifth BMW and I never get a chance to get to the performance center :( My CA hasn't instilled me with much confidence, saying you get a "take it or leave it" date... but if the stars do align and I am able to do it, your video has certainly increased the desire.
It's not a take it or leave it date. There is a "no earlier than date" because the car has to be manufactured and prepared for delivery. After that, I was given specific dates that were available over a period of a few weeks. Since there is a limit to the number of deliveries per day, some dates may already be booked. In my case, I had to wait until the car was on the dock before I could get a date. In your case I think it is being manufactured across the street which should make it even easier.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's not a take it or leave it date. There is a "no earlier than date" because the car has to be manufactured and prepared for delivery. After that, I was given specific dates that were available over a period of a few weeks. Since there is a limit to the number of deliveries per day, some dates may already be booked. In my case, I had to wait until the car was on the dock before I could get a date. In your case I think it is being manufactured across the street which should make it even easier.
I hope you're right and hope that it works out. It's only been a week since I placed my order, but as time passes I get more nervous that I won't be able to experience the PCD due to rotten timing or something. The way it was presented by the dealer makes it sound like they are not very accomodating. I certainly do understand all the logistics involved and am amazed they are able to coordinate things they way they do, but unfortunately I don't have the luxury of being able to be too flexible.

·
Registered
262 Posts
It's not as tough as your CA makes it sound. First, you get your CA to submit a PCD reservation form with 2-3 dates of your choice (within a reasonable time from the time production completes because PC cannot keep your car there too long due to space issues).

PC will respond with dates that they can accomodate you. If they are extremely busy and backed up you will get less or no choice. My delivery of 2012 X5 in May happened to be all backed up because the long wait for MY 2012 EPA and CARB approval so PC only gave me one date but I was lucky as it turned out to be my 1st choice date.

If you like the dates given then confirm your PCD date. If you don't PCD will consider that you have given up your request for PCD.

If you get dates that don't work for you then you can contact PC to see if it's possible to find a better date (sometimes people cancel/decline other dates).

If after all this you still can't get a date you can use then ask your CA to cancel the reservation and take delivery at your dealership. Just make sure it's done before it gets to the point where your vehicle gets shipped out to PC because that would use up your destination charge. Subsequent re-shipping to anywhere else such as your dealership will cost you.

Above may sound long and involved but it's really not that complicated.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Sorry man, I know you were trying to make it sound better... but it didn't really. I should just have it shipped and stop stressing over it.
Well, if uncertainty really stresses you out you still have time to ask your CA to cancel your PCD request and have the car shipped to the dealer.

I had to go extra miles to get my PCD to happen because the first dealership I went to has never done a PCD and did all they could to discourage me from doing one. I even got instructions from Jonathan at PC and forwarded to that dealership and they still dragged their feet for over a week. Finally I got fed up, canceled my order and went to another dealer. It was pretty much smooth sailing from that point on.

To me, you don't have much to lose sleep over. Wait for your PCD date to come out and if it doesn't work out you can always cancel PCD then and have the car shipped to the dealer.

PC will start scheduling a date for you once the car is "scheduled" for production because a completion date can be estimated at that point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.