BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, has anyone here retrofitted PDC w/ graphic display? On the X5 forum, X5s with xenon lights have PDC prewired. I was wondering if the E60 has this prewired also. Does anyone know or know how to find out? THanks!

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Try looking on www.e60.net as well for your answer if you get none here.

What you need to find out is in what situations will an E60 NOT come with PDC.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's up to you.

IHMO It's probably not cost effective to add PDC after the fact. New bumper with PDC holes + painting or making holes in the existing bumper and painting the retro sensors.

For US 2005 545i owners the PDC was force fed!

However if you are handy you can do it yourself from purchasing parts from donor E60's. :lmao:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm going to upgrade to the M-Kit any way so the bumper thing is not an issue. The X5 is prewired for PDC on all models w/ xenon. So I was thinking the same thing would be true on the E60.. Hoping someone would know.

I asked this question on E60.net but no replies... :cry:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, I'm going to upgrade to the M-Kit any way so the bumper thing is not an issue. The X5 is prewired for PDC on all models w/ xenon. So I was thinking the same thing would be true on the E60.. Hoping someone would know.

I asked this question on E60.net but no replies... :cry:
BUMP

Going to add either mtech or hamann kit and wondering the same thing about a pdc retrofit.

Anyone have any answers to pdc retrofitting on 05+ e60 models? Mine is an '07.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Pdc

I'm actually wondering the same thing...if I order a PDC bumper, is the car, idrive, etc. pre-wired?

A few days ago, someone swiped the bumper on my one month old 530i in the parking lot!:cry:

I'm too lazy to post pics, but the bumper will definitely have to be replaced (luckily no other panels were damaged).

So, is the PDC bumper "plug and play" or is it a more complicated retro-fit?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Has anyone been successful doing this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts