BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Glenn Krochnal
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 530xi back from two months of wreck repairs. PDC's audio and sometimes video is reporting priximity of things when I am driving 40 MPH with nothing near me. Any id:ea about what is going wrong? :dunno:

·
Glenn Krochnal
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More questions

Two of the rear sensors were replaced last week due to the wreck, could that be part of the problem?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
If you are on a dip the sensors will trigger. It happens often with me when I am pulling into a main road from a parking lot. Most of the time there is a fairly steep drop (good enoug to scrape my Z4 if I was not careful) in many lot. In such situations, the car is no longer flat and the sensors are beaming down, towards the road. If there is a stone or any other imperfection, they will reflect the wave back, and trigger the sensor.

·
Registered
764 Posts
glenmal said:
Two of the rear sensors were replaced last week due to the wreck, could that be part of the problem?
try checking pdc for any paint re spray or any thing blocking the pdc and clean it...if that doesn't help bring it back for testing...

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
glenmal, I couldn't help but think that your car is having anxiety attacks since it is now back on the road for the first time since the accident. This is causing an overactive PDC.

Seriously though, glad to hear that you have your car back and hoping that this problem is quickly corrected and no others are uncovered. :thumbup:

·
Glenn Krochnal
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help, but one more question

The car had the electronics checked and it cost the isurance company $1100. SRS showed a fault which required the replacement of the seatbelt female catches (both front belts). Would the BMY shop's test check PDC sensor response?
laidback said:
try checking pdc for any paint re spray or any thing blocking the pdc and clean it...if that doesn't help bring it back for testing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.