BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark your calenders for Saturday, October 26. This is the date of the 27th annual "Eight Hours of the Cascades" sports car endurance race held at Portland International Raceway in Portland, Oregon. The race begins at Noon and will run into the night, concluding at 8 p.m. I believe admission to the race will be $10/person and tickets will be available at the gate.

I believe this is one of the nation's oldest sports car endurance races. In addition, it is probably one of the few if not only endurance race that retains the original-style "LeMans" start - whereby the driver, at the sound of a starting pistol, sprints across the track-width to the race car and straps in, fires up the engine, and races off... -- exciting stuff!

Although I will not be driving this year, I will be a pit crew member, serving as the Gasman responsible for fueling the Strictly BMW race cars.

Come check it out! :thumbup:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.