BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have performance upgrades and do you now regret getting them? I checked with a local shop, and I was told that they had an aftermarket exhaust system, intake, and computer chip for my car. I don't want to **** with the computer chip, and I read that the intake was really more for extra power at higher torque, which I'm not too interested in. That leaves the exhaust system, and the Borla looks nice, it just bolts on and it's all stainless steel. But would I even be able to tell the difference after upgrading it? I'm on a pretty low budget and I'm trying to decide which to start on first: looks or performance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
well. I did the intake system that helps alot. plus its better for my car. might save a little on gas VERY little but over a long time im sure it will pay itself off. Worth the 250. but you can so with the looks and performance with the borla. They sound very good give about 20hp gain i would say. and it will look hot deff go with borla too

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a41ounce said:
well. I did the intake system that helps alot. plus its better for my car. might save a little on gas VERY little but over a long time im sure it will pay itself off. Worth the 250. but you can so with the looks and performance with the borla. They sound very good give about 20hp gain i would say. and it will look hot deff go with borla too
Thanks, man. Living where I do though (California), I'm kinda limited to which intakes I can install. Where did you notice improvement with the one you have? Going from a standstill? Midrange? High end? What I'm concerned about most is the 0-60 time, since that's where I keep it most of the time. I'm also concerned about any dirt/contamination that an aftermarket intake might let in as well....

·
Keeping it surreal
43,317 Posts
Gentlemen....this subject has been discussed *to death* on this forum, and there`s a wealth of info archived right here under your little fingers....just use the SEARCH function. (And the short answer is....NO, bolt-on mods don`t amount to much, horsepower-wise....sorry)

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
sorry about that last double reply somthing messed up when i logged in.
But anyways i notice a jump off the line more.
you can hear the burst of air being sucked in . I have had mine for about 20k miles and i have not cleaned the filter. Its amazing by K&N they make the best filters. its a cold air intake and trust me its soo easy to put on. i did it in 30 mins and i dont know much about my car. K&N make one just for your car so everything is perfectly bolt on. its amazing i would reccomend it deffinatly

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fast Bob said:
Gentlemen....this subject has been discussed *to death* on this forum, and there`s a wealth of info archived right here under your little fingers....just use the SEARCH function. (And the short answer is....NO, bolt-on mods don`t amount to much, horsepower-wise....sorry)

Regards,
Bob
sorry fast bob. But some people are new to this site. plus they have specific questions. If people did not ask some of the same type of questions what would people post??? so i enjoy talking to people that had the same problem i did when i got my 328ci

1 - 7 of 7 Posts