·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lame or not lame
2016G12

:thumbdwn: ?
:thumbup: ?

It would go on the old black and yellow CA plate.

Obviously most people would be clueless as to its meaning, and it would look generic to the masses, with the exception to the BMW enthusiasts.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
In my opinion meh!

might as well drive around with the window sticker on the car that way the options are also available to view ;)

CCORE16

that is all I can come up with at this time :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my opinion meh!

might as well drive around with the window sticker on the car that way the options are also available to view ;)

CCORE16

that is all I can come up with at this time :)
What's "CCORE16"?

·
Registered
154 Posts
C = Carbon Element on the Periodic table
Core... well core

CarbonCore, open the door and it is the sticker on the pillar of the door :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C = Carbon Element on the Periodic table
Core... well core

CarbonCore, open the door and it is the sticker on the pillar of the door :)
I get it. Didn't think about that. That's way inconspicuous.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are there any letters and numbers on a piece of metal you can stick on a car that makes it look better? I don't think so. :tsk:
To be honest, I don't even put my plates on, EVER. BUT, I just finally put my standard plates on for the first time in a long time.

The new black and yellow plates are out, if I want them, it's the same price as if I were to personalize them. So, I'm not doing it because it will make the car look better. It's just to make it be less mundane and ordinary and make it feel more like it's speaking to the masses who get it when they read the plate and smirk or smile and say "that's clever", like I do when I see one.

I'm not into personalized plates. In fact, I despise them. BUT, when I see a clever one that's true to the vehicle it's on, I can stand it.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Personally, I don't like "Legacy" plates on a luxury car. I think they're better suited for sports cars and classics. But I do like what you're gonna put on them.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I have "SIEBEN" on mine.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,481 Posts
Maybe I am a bit defensive, but some personalized plates are too cute, while others don't bother me at all -- including the one I've had for many years which is the name of my (former, deceased) dog's breed. He was agreat dog and it reminds me of him . Don't want to publish it, though. There are some advantages too. Many years ago, during the winter, and after a snowstorm, with my car covered with dirt and salt from slushy roads, I decided I had to get it washed (I usually do it myself but the weather was not going to allow that), so on my way home from work I stopped at carwash. They thought I was a private car service driver because of the plate (they thought it was the company name) and they apparently had a special rate for taxis and car services and I got a wash for $3.00.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts