BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from phatnoise.com's forums

i hope it's true. i'd jump on this in a second. although the alpine unit would be great too. mp3 plus cd changer capability. i'm not up to date on car audio, if i have phatnoise (if they do offer in bmws) do i lose my cd player or do i keep it all? also, anyone install the alpine unit in the e46. the review i read was on an e39. thanks

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:
from phatnoise.com's forums

i hope it's true. i'd jump on this in a second. although the alpine unit would be great too. mp3 plus cd changer capability. i'm not up to date on car audio, if i have phatnoise (if they do offer in bmws) do i lose my cd player or do i keep it all? also, anyone install the alpine unit in the e46. the review i read was on an e39. thanks
You won't be able to have both the CD changer and the phatbox hooked up at the same time. That may seem like a minus, compared to combo changer/MP3 readers like the Alpine (and the many others that are and will be available shortly). They don't offer the same ease of navigation, playlist management, etc that the phatbox offers though. I'm not sure if they still describe all the cool things the phatbox can do on phatnoise's site, but they sold me...I just didn't order in time the last time around. I won't be making the same mistake this time :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts