BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a meet scheduled in the near future (next month) or summer time in the Greater Philadelphia area?

I think Otto's would be a great place to have one if they would sponsor it.

Any supporters to start an effort?

-RChoudry
01 330i (broken)
01 Z3
02 330ci (ordered, week 20 prod)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
RChoudry said:
I think Otto's would be a great place to have one if they would sponsor it.

Any supporters to start an effort?
Alee is like the poster child for Otto's :rolleyes: but I don't know if his schedule will allow for him to organize an event:dunno:

If one is set up I would definately be interested:thumb:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'd be interested in attending, and Ottos sounds like a good location to me. I'm up to my ears in wedding plans, so I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help with the planning. Please keep me posted.

·
AWD rocks
426 Posts
Philly Meet?

How about the King of Prussia mall?
It's kind of central to all areas around Philadelphia.

2002 325xi

·
Registered
93 Posts
If enough people join in (which would make it worth a few hour drive) and i have the date free, maybe I could come tag along.

I've been to Philly once -- been to the King of Prussia mall. Big ass mall....

Went to see a concert at the Tower Theatre in Upper Darby and it didn't seem to be a place that I'd feel comfortable parking my bimmer for any extended amount of time :eek: :D (good thing I took a cab from the hotel in Downtown).

·
superwagon pilot
1,388 Posts
The tower's a great place, who'd you see??

Otto's would be tough, it would have to be a Sunday (there is no way they'd close up on a sales day for a meet), and they don't have a lot of parking room (since it's all filled with their vehicles). They are having the Susan Komen event there on May 13th, for the locals looking for an excuse to abuse BMWNA's cars for an hour.

The mall sounds like a better option, I know the VF convention center and Philadelphia Park have let groups set up autocross cones in their parking lots before (obviously preplanned with proper disclaimers)...

Schedule permitting, me and my dirty white 325 would show up.

tam3 said:
If enough people join in (which would make it worth a few hour drive) and i have the date free, maybe I could come tag along.

I've been to Philly once -- been to the King of Prussia mall. Big ass mall....

Went to see a concert at the Tower Theatre in Upper Darby and it didn't seem to be a place that I'd feel comfortable parking my bimmer for any extended amount of time :eek: :D (good thing I took a cab from the hotel in Downtown).

·
I love my beautiful wife.
2,151 Posts
I'm in Pittsburgh, but travel to Easton (PA) quite a bit. I would definitley attend if it was on a free weekend for me.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm from the Harrisburg Area! I'd be definitely interested in attending count me in. Fill me in then I'll take a weekend off.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Rufus330Ci said:
I'm from the Harrisburg Area! I'd be definitely interested in attending count me in. Fill me in then I'll take a weekend off.
Where in HBG??:dunno:

I work on 7th street and live near Etown.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I live in Hershey, well actually outside of Hershey in the sticks. About a 10 minute drive for me to Harrisburg. If theres any local BMW meets I'm not aware about other then the Nittany BmwCCA club let me know.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I lived in Hershey during medical school.

Well, I thought Otto's would be a good idea so that they could provide technical support and maybe food!

I look into it!

-RChoudry

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah if I ever have a medical problem I know I'm only 5 minutes from "good hands". That hospital is amazing how big it is and I heard alot of good doctors are from there. I haven't circled the lot though for beamers ;O)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have personally organized like 5 or 6 meets at King of Prussia... We have gotten anywhere from 5 to 60 cars, with the average being about 30. We have usually met on the edge the Lord & Taylor lot, on a Sat or Sun around noon. People from from NJ, DE, MD, NY, DC, etc.... Usually a great time, usually a bunch of us go for lunch somewhere afterwards.

My buddy & I are talking about organizing a BBQ Meet at either Ridley Creek State Park or Valley Forge, or some other place if more convenient....

Organizing isn't hard.. Someone just needs to set a date & place, then people ineveitably show up... "If you organize it, they will come..." ;)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I was at the KOP meet recently.

Didn't meet you, but it was a nice turn-out.

I think Ridley would be a great place to meet.

My car (replacement) doesn't arrive until June 15 or so. Love to attend!

[email protected]

email me if I can help!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah send me a post out to the forum if you organize a meeting out there in King of Prussia. We normally do the York cruising but that is getting old....... Let us know the date and time I'll bring a good 20-30 people ;)

·
Bayerische Motoren Werke
1,002 Posts
I'm in northern Jersey and would definately make the short trip for a BMW meet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts