BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually got a photo radar ticket, but here's the rub. I wasn't driving the car, my girlfriend was (not my 3er, btw). Car registered to me so I get the ticket. When the local jurisdiction set up this photo-radar project a few years ago, they had a stipulation that if you were not the driver of the car at the time of the infraction, you had to IDENTIFY the actual driver if you wanted to get out of the ticket. Other jurisdictions within the state did not have this requirement. Only 2 months ago, the state threatened to pull the city's license to do photo-radar if they didn't drop this requirement to name the offending driver. Well, looks like I caught a break. 5 photos came in the mail, and one is a close-up of the girlfriend. In order to get out of the ticket, I have to sign a certificate of innocence form and photocopy the front and back of my DL. No explanations are necessary or even asked for. You just check a box stating that you swear you weren't the driver of the car when the offense occured. Offense: 47 in a 35 = $195. The way I see it, I now have $200 to apply to that V1. :thumbup:

·
Driving around somewhere
222 Posts
Nice, sounds like you got lucky! Good for you! :thumbup:

Or you could hold it over your girlfriends head and get her do a bunch of nice stuff for ya...or blackmail her in your next fight... :angel:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts