Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It passed smog today, it got a new rear tire with a front tire peal and swap rotation with an alignment. Off non OP and registered. Gave it a bath and it looks like a million bucks minus the dents on the hood. So I'm looking for a hood if anyone has one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Wow good price

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Options

I'm not really sure what options it has. I seems to be fully loaded with the sport seats but I don't think it has the cold weather package.

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
5,812 Posts
Try using one of the many VIN decoders (google it) and you'll know for sure what options it left the factory with, although 20 years later things could have been swapped.

sent from the future using the bimmerfest app embedded in my neural implant

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know if anyone is still fallowing this post but I thought I would give a update. After I put the car all back together it developed several problems.
1. Code for Knock sensors, I replaced them
2. hydrolytic valve tap, I found it and replaced it.
3. Upper oil pan leak, It was cracked and needed to find a used. All Fixed
4. Lower timing chain cover leaking. Fixed
5. I replaced two window regulators
6. I was able to connect the rear side air bags and recode the car to recognize them.
7. Fixed the cluster pixels and gave them some nice brushed aluminum rings.
It's all back on the road and running great. Don't even ask how many hours I have spent on this project, I have no clue and I really don't want to know.
Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
9 Posts
so how is it running? looks like a nice car. a lot of work. I have a 98 740il with 156k. doing some valve cover gaskets now. DIY is the only way to go. the cost of repair work has sky rocketed. the forum has been of great help to me and enjoy reading it

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure if anyone is still following this post. It will be going up on BaT very soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts